Vikintador 2 sports car new update

Next
I continued to work on my Vikintador concept in moi3d V3.I tried to create my surfaces with blend,sweep and network tools mostly.What I noticed the best result gives me sweep tool with maintain height and tangent and exact checked.Also matching works if you choose right rails and profiles,so I'm experimenting and watching the results.I'v got Simlab Composer rendering software so you could see some of my realistic renderings with skylight settings.With front view of my concept I'm very pleased,but for the rear view of the car I need to think much more,to match it with front view.Enjoy my work.

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Batman's car revival!
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6593.3 In reply to 6593.1 
Hi Nikola, it's looking good!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6593.4 In reply to 6593.3 
Hi Michael,

Thank you for your nice feedbacks.I promissed myself I will build my concept car with moi3d,and I think I'm on good path to do it.It is not that easy as with sub-d modeling,but more challenging and more precise.During my modeling I'm trying to find the best way for creating less visible patches.I find also I can change much quickly my design,then with sub-d modeling tools.Michael I have to ask you something,because I don't know how to solve it.It is about blend tool,when I try to create blend between the shapes I'm getting gaps on corners you see on my screenshot.Is it a bug or there is different way now to do it.Before it glued perfectly,I'm just curious how to work with it.Instead blend I'm connecting my surfaces with loft tool.I didn't uninstalled my november beta v3,maybe it happends cause of this.Thanks for your explanation and for your help Michael.Yes I'm warming up with this Vikintador 2 concept for modeling my awesome Exona concept car with moi3d.If I accomplish that mission,then I think I would be able to create more creative concept vehicles in the future with moi3d,and will grab more attention on your wonderful and powerful software.I will do my best.

Best Regards from Nikola
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6593.5 In reply to 6593.4 
Hi Nikola,

> I didn't uninstalled my november beta v3,maybe it happends cause of
> this.

No that shouldn't make any difference...

Can you post an example file that contains a couple of the surfaces that you're trying to blend with each other where you had a problem? It would be easiest for me to help you if you can post just a minimal example, like just the specific parts of your model where you had the problem and not just a whole big thing.

I'll be traveling for most of today though so I won't be able to help you more with this until another day or so.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6593.6 In reply to 6593.5 
Hi Michael,

Thank you Michael for you quick reply.No problem you don't have to hurry with this issue.Maybe it is not possible to blend it with sharp corners,and I didn't used blend a lot.I saw others on forum asked you some questions,so I thought you returned to work.Sorry for bothering you.Enjoy in your well deserved vacation.

Best Regards from Nikola

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6593.7 In reply to 6593.6 
Hi Nikola,

I had a quick look at your file and found a few little problems.
One important thing to remember with NURBS modelling is clean curves=clean surfaces and bad curves=bad surfaces.

First of all if you zoom up to the area circled in white you will see a small kink/bend in that corner this is causing your gap in the blend surface in that area.

The blend tool will create a surface tangent to other surfaces so that's what is happening with the bottom surface, the blend tool is coming in on it self to be tangent with that bottom edge so you have a situation that looks like the picture below.

You're probably better off using Loft once you've cleaned up the surfaces.

-
~Danny~
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6593.8 In reply to 6593.7 
Hello Nikola,

First of all, really like your work.

I just took the 4 edges from each side and joined them together.
This creates two closed curves.

From there I lofted from one set of curves to the other.

Might not be what you want, but.

Good luck.

Scott
Image Attachments:
Size: 299.3 KB, Downloaded: 19 times, Dimensions: 1037x824px
Size: 293.6 KB, Downloaded: 19 times, Dimensions: 1037x824px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6593.9 In reply to 6593.7 
Hi Danny,

Thank you Danny for your help.I see where is the problem.I will zoom in more to see what's happends with my curves.That is why I had some problems when I tried to offset my line,lines were crossing each other and not connected in to closed curve.I will keep practicing,but now I will pay my attention on cleaner shapes and curves.Thanx again for your advice.

Regards from Zenox3d
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6593.10 In reply to 6593.8 
Hi Scott,

I'm glad you are appreciate my work.Before I bought moi3d I worked for my client on freelance job.When I finished the project,he asked if I want to paid with money,or I need something for my computer.My choice was moi3d and that was and is one of the best investment in my workflow.My final aim with moi3d,is what you see,to create my designs with nurbs tools.I tried several times,and it didn't turned well,so I modeled simple product designs.Now I watch a lot,how to create vehicles with rhinoceros 3d,and watching moi3d tutorials too.I look at moi3d like a liteweight version of rhinoceros3d,cause of the similarity of the tools and modeling approach.In the mean time with v3 betas moi3d software became much much better for modeling my concepts.Now I'm trying to figure it out,how to create surfaces with less visible patches.That is the main aim of my modeling,but I choose very complicated concept car,to see how I can solve certain issues.In the past when I learned to work with 3ds max,I saw heavy tasks are the best way to progress in your software learning.

Thanx for your advice Scott,I totally forgot I can join the lines and then use the loft tool.I messed up a lot with blend tool,so I tried to use loft tool in the same way.Anyway I will continue with practicing,and when I find something new I will post it on forum.

Regards from Zenox3d
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6593.11 In reply to 6593.10 
>My choice was moi3d and that was and is one of the best investment in my workflow
I purchased MOI back in May of 2012
Don't get to work with it as much as I would like, as my main app that I use here at work is modo.

>I look at moi3d like a liteweight version of rhinoceros3d,cause of the similarity of the tools and modeling approach.
Michael was the programmer at Robert McNeel and Associates who developed Rhino.
Here is a link to an interview http://blog.novedge.com/2008/07/an-interview-wi.html

>That is the main aim of my modeling,but I choose very complicated concept car,to see how I can solve certain issues.In the past when I learned to work with 3ds max,I saw heavy tasks are the best way to progress in your software learning.
I applaud you for taking on a complex project like you've done. It's good to stretch yourself.

Here is a model of the Firebird, developed by Northrop Grumman and designed by Scaled Composites.
I have been working on when I get the chance.

http://www.northropgrumman.com/Capabilities/Firebird/Pages/default.aspx

Again, best of luck to you on your model.

Take Care,

Scott
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6593.12 In reply to 6593.6 
Hi Nikola,

> Thank you Michael for you quick reply.No problem you don't have to hurry with this
> issue.Maybe it is not possible to blend it with sharp corners,and I didn't used blend a
> lot.I saw others on forum asked you some questions,so I thought you returned to
> work.Sorry for bothering you.Enjoy in your well deserved vacation.

No problem, and thanks for posting the model! It looks like Danny explained some things above about what was causing problems in there, did that answer your question or did you need more info on why Blend wasn't working well for that situation?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
6593.13 In reply to 6593.12 
Hi Michael,

>did that answer your question or did you need more info on why Blend wasn't working well for that situation?

I think Danny helped me with his explanations.If there will be some problems again,I will ask you for advice.Again thanx a lot for your quick reply.Enjoy in your vacation Michael.I think i will also rest myself from working too.My brain works 100% and it's hungry for knowledge,but my body can't handle it anymore.It is time to recharge the batteries.

Best Regards from Nikola
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All