Linking problems

Next
I linked two parts of a leaf together, but was unable to link two leaves, never mind all of the leaves and the stalk. Being quite new to this, there is a good chance this is just user error but I have not been able to link anything in any of my projects ( besides the prevously stated incident ).

I have also noted a glitch where the "top" view wouldn't change whial using the "extrude" option, but restarting the program fixxed it and it hasn't occured since.

On a second note, I tryed the 3dm2sculpt program ( made by moi ) but the file was corrupted everytime I uploaded it.

Before I go I wanted to mention how much I have enjoyed the simplicity and set up of moi - especialy the easy to use and remember buttons for changing the view ( which always fustrated me in other 3d programs ). Owning a Tablet PC, I also appreciate the heads up design and the fact that I can run it without the extraordinary crash at the end.
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
659.2 In reply to 659.1 
Hi dragon,

By linking do you mean using a boolean to combine objects together?

From your screenshot, it looks like your leaves are surface objects, not solids that have volume. If you can upload your .3dm model file that will help to figure out the specifics.

Generally you can't use a boolean to merge a non-volume surface directly into a volume object, because it only intersects the solid in a kind of infinitely thin slit...

But I'm not sure if that's what you mean by linking or not, there is no actual command named "link" in MoI.

MoI doesn't currently have any type of grouping mechanism other than physical joining or booleaning of objects - that's something that I want to add in the future though.

> On a second note, I tryed the 3dm2sculpt program ( made by moi ) but the
> file was corrupted everytime I uploaded it.

Actually I didn't make that one - Cindy Crabgrass programmed that, there is some discussion of it here: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Talk:3dm2sculpt - possibly if you ask there or e-mail Cindy you might be able to get more info on it.

I'm glad that you're enjoying using MoI on your TabletPC!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All