Android app ViewEr don't display moi files

Next
Hi
Did someone try out ViewEr https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.amcbridge.viewer? Any moi 3dm's will produce the error "file contains no data" ore something the like.

Has someone an idea what's the problem?

~ben
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6582.2 In reply to 6582.1 
If it's been programmed to read Rhino files then it's viewing mesh data, MoI does not generate mesh data, just pure NURBs surfaces

Martin Spencer-Ford
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6582.3 In reply to 6582.1 
Hi Ben,

NURBS not supported as Martain mentions, try .obj format which is the other format the app supports.

-
~Danny~
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6582.4 In reply to 6582.1 
Hi ben, yeah just to clarify a little bit - when Rhino does a shaded display of a surface or solid, it's kind of slow to generate that display mesh data so when it saves it also stores that display mesh data in the file along with the surfaces or solids. Some 3DM file readers are built to only go in and read that cached display mesh data and don't actually process the real surfaces and solids directly.

3DM readers that do that approach won't work with MoI because MoI does not generate that cached display information, because it tends to bloat up the file size quite a bit. They won't work with files saved out from Rhino in many cases as well like if the file was only displayed in wireframe or saved from Rhino using "Save Small".

So that's probably what is going on with that viewer.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Ah I see, to bad, of course I can convert 3dm to obj, but I was hoping to get rid of this extra step. I wrote to the developer, wondering if he sees a possibility to support meshless 3dms ..
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All