Is this a bug in .iges file from MoI or not??
All  1-5  6-8

Previous
Next
658.6 In reply to 658.5 
It looks like your catamaran is coming along nicely!

Probably somewhere along the line you mirrored one surface and joined, creating 2 surfaces with an edge between them, then possibly that assembly got trimmed with the center line not arranged right in the center between the trimming objects.

It looks like that in-between piece is a straight connection (sometimes called a "ruled" surface).

So to tune this up what you can do is select both of those surfaces in between your hulls and delete them. Then select the 2 inside edges at the top of the hulls, and then do a Construct / Loft between them.

That will build a new single surface connecting those pieces - that will not have any interior edge anymore. Then you can join those hulls and the connecting surface together into one object.

Let me know if you need more detailed info on these steps - if you post your model or e-mail it to me, I can show you some step-by-steps images on your model if you want.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
658.7 In reply to 658.6 
Michael,

Thats a brilliant suggestion. No need to guide me further through the steps. It couldnĀ“t be more simple. Thanks a lot. In return will invite you to go fishing with me when the boat is finished :-)

Best regards,

Boatstalker
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
658.8 In reply to 658.6 
Here is the scar removal procedure:

First, delete the central piece that has the unwanted middle edge in it, and then select these 2 edges:

Then use Construct / Loft to get this scar-free result:

A couple other notes - MoI doesn't seem to be doing too good of a job of making the display mesh for some of these pieces, some things look more jagged than they really are. That's something that I want to tune up more in the future but it might not get better until after V1.

EDIT: oops, didn't see your last post in time, well here you go anyway! :)

- Michael
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-5  6-8