Moi 3d as Architectural tool
 1-19  20-21

Previous
Next
6543.20 In reply to 6543.8 
> I really would like to see what have you achieved with Moi - most of the examples posted at this forum are vehicles, mechanical pieces and product design. Almost never a building. That's why I've been wondering how could it be used in architecture.

Hi Soalheiro,

I'm using MoI as well for very complex architectural models. With complexity I mean amounts of pieces and level of details. My projects are mostly steel constructions, prefabricated/modular buildings. Usually a complete model consists of hundreds of unique pieces. Sometimes they get animated or rendered as single frame depending on clients' needs.

Above image is from one of my projects. Unfortunately I can't share 99% of my work because my clients won't let me. :(

I'm doing all the modeling in MoI and everything else in 3ds Max. I'm modeling piece by piece in MoI then build my hiearchy in 3ds Max. I love MoI because it's just a simple modeling tool. It's not bloated with unnecessary stuff. Because of this it's simple to learn, intuitive, easy to use, stable, etc..
- Evren
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
6543.21 In reply to 6543.19 
Great, thanks Michael, that's great news! Like I said I'm making do, and use a lot of control + shift + drag for selections of all the letters in words, so it's not a deal breaker at the moment and I am still a very happy MOI user who can wait for such icing.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-19  20-21