Resolution

Next
Hi,

I have a question what is causing this resolution issue. This is a door handle and originally modeled everything in 100 times larger scale (did not wanted to fillet properly in 1:1). So when I was ready and just put everything 1:1 I got this result. Hm.
Image Attachments:
Size: 225.7 KB, Downloaded: 151 times, Dimensions: 1366x768px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6535.2 In reply to 6535.1 
HI Andras, usually that is due to loss of numeric precision because objects are either numerically too small, too large, or too far from the origin.

My guess in your case is that it's too far from the origin.

It might be something that I can tune up, can you please send the 3DM model file to me at moi@moi3d.com ?

In the meantime if you move it closer to the 0,0,0 origin location it will probably behave better, change the "Mesh angle" value back to its default value of 10 degrees to make it re-mesh. Also it's not good to leave the mesh angle set to so dense as it will cause delays and excessive memory consumption to happen for the display mesh in regular cases.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6535.3 In reply to 6535.2 
Thanks, I tried reproduce the model in origin it was working nicely filleted.
Actually I imported 3dm objects from Rhino and origin is not in the same position. I tried to replace by Cplane but got the same result. I just do not find the origin how can move to the origin ? no idea.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6535.4 In reply to 6535.3 
All right, problem is solved. I found a command in Rhino to move to origin, now Moi and Rhino works together. cool.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
6535.5 In reply to 6535.3 
Hi andras,

> I just do not find the origin how can move to the origin ? no idea.

In MoI you can use the Transform > Move command to do this. Start by selecting your object that you want to move, then run Transform > Move. For the base point pick a point on the object that you want to place at the origin.

Then for the target point, that's when you want to pick the origin. If the origin point is not easily visible on screen then instead of trying to pick it with the mouse just type in 0 and push Enter, that will specify 0,0,0 as the target point.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All