What is the simplest and easiest to use free renderer for MoI?
 1-20  21-40  41-46

Previous
Next
I just checked Hypershot! Looks great!
Will make a test and see...

***There is always a better way to do things... Just find your Moment of Inspiration***

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
651.22 In reply to 651.21 
Yep, Hypershot looks ideal for those doing product visualization. Those renders of that new Ford model are awesome, btw.

Seeing who their chief scientist is, its future seems to be very bright.

It has to be highly optimized to be able light these objects solely from hdri's in such a short time, in regular renderers these types of shots lit solely by Hdri's are very time-consuming.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
651.23 In reply to 651.22 
Wow,

I just lost all motivation to learn Blender, Indigo, Maxwell or Vray.

Regarding the high optimization, I wonder if they're using GPU
( http://tinyurl.com/32se9g) rendering algorithms since they
say it's rendering all the time?

What ever is going on, if their claims are true, with $195
for the junior version, all other professional renderers
are going to become obsolete.

I'm waiting for the demo to be released, it looks very cool!

-Jesse
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Just read the FAQ and I see there are many limitations (materials, model formats etc) It is a very promising product though...
@ JDK: The power of other renderers are their plugins... Also, the final quality of Maxwell for example is much better

***There is always a better way to do things... Just find your Moment of Inspiration***

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
651.25 In reply to 651.23 
I'm not sure that an 800 x 450 image is of much use. And It's a big jump to go from $195 to $995 for the HD version. I think they should drop the Web version, make the HD version $495 and sell a lot more copies. The Pro version costs something like $9,995.00 ! I'm not so sure that every render engine will drop their current technology to go after something like this. Guys like Maxwell, VRay and others have too much invested in a proven technology. From what I've read, Bunkspeed has been supplying the automotive industry for a few years with a real-time engine for a price of around $25,000. Now they've decided to produce a mass-market version of it called Hypershot... I agree that people will never be satisifed with "slow" render speeds after seeing this (even Modo looks slow next to this). Just not sure how current technology can be optimized to match it. Otherwise, it would be done already. Maybe in a few years we'll see some clones of this engine. Certainly it will shake things up and maybe (hopefully) drop prices... there is obviously some major advancements happening in real-time displays right now. Look at Truespace and C4D. They are amazing. Even CAD-based packages such as Rhino are developing real-time bumping, shadows, anisotropy... The future of real-time display is getting very interesting...

cheers,
shorty
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
651.26 In reply to 651.25 
Yeah I didn't bother to look at the results of this product, I just looked over the pages briefly...

It's really that fast huh?

Yeah I felt the pricing was skewed also - that's a bigg plop of cash just to render something and the resolution is still limited even at the $1000 level.

I guess products like Blowup and Genuine Fractals ( http://www.alienskin.com/blowup/index.html, http://www.ononesoftware.com/detail.php?prodLine_id=2 ) can help a bit but you can imagine after too much up-rez'ing, your gorgeous render is going to devolve into a marsh of jellyfied (larger) pixels no matter how good the algorithms are...

Being ye 'o too many-a-renderer (having Lightwave, XSI, Carrara 5 Pro, Vue 5i, ZBrush etc., I didn't even consider this (need to get more use outta what I got! :-p )

It'll be interesting to see what happens as you mentioned though.

-Will
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Well this was made with a really limited use in mind, so you can't really compare it to Maxwell, vray, mray etc.

Basically the only things that this is practical for is product visualization, where you'd use a hdri as a backdrop and achieve the same lighting. So any kind of complete scene etc. is really unpractical for this, and if you've used hdri to light stuff in other renderers you'll realize this. Basically think of this renderer as a 'dome lighting renderer', as that is just what it does, lights and renders your objects with a hdri dome. But it does it really, really fast.

But there are a lot of people (moi/rhino users too) which would fill most of their needs with this renderer, as these kinds of renders is all they do. But as soon as you get into scenery, archviz, etc. which need more advanced lighting obviously this is not practical for that.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
651.29 In reply to 651.24 
Well, I don't know...I guess I'm looking at it from a completely different
perspective than you guys who do professional rendering.

It's taken a long time for the jewelry industry to warm up to CAD.
It's mainstream now among large manufacturers, but I had to learn,
down on the street, try telling a jeweler in NYC he has to wait
10 hours to see a Maxwell rendering, if they don't laugh and
hang up on you right away, then next time, they'll call someone else!
They really don't care how many pixels it has.

The $195 version might just be a teaser to get you to
buy the $995 package, but I won't complain if I
can bang out an email acceptable rendering
in 5 minutes..time is money. ;-)

JDK
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
651.30 In reply to 651.29 
yup. $995 is nothing if you are using this professionally. A few jobs later and this renderer starts to pay for itself. It's the reason i didn't buy Maxwell because i just can't wait. In my job, i have to render multiple color versions and often have to bang a dozen or more renders in just one afternoon. they don;t have to be photo-perfect, just convey the idea to my producers. So recently, i've just been capturing screens from Rhino 4 while using environment maps and textures to fake materials. Hypershot is really interesting. I was thinking about VRay or maybe Brazil. But seeing as i have Modo, Hypershot might be a good alternative for me. I'll have to play with the demo myself, but am traveling for the next 2 weeks so will have to wait until then... :(

shorty
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
651.31 In reply to 651.30 
If any of you try out the demo, please report back here, it seems like it could be a pretty useful companion to MoI.

The article says that it supports .3dm files, but the FAQs say that is "coming soon", so that would be good to clear up. But even if that isn't ready yet it also supports IGES and OBJ too...

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
651.32 In reply to 651.30 
Hi Jb,

If you're doing a lot of environmental mapping in Rhino
you might want to try Auxpecker

http://auxpecker.blogspot.com/

regards,

Jesse

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
651.33 In reply to 651.32 
yup. I've tried AuxPecker. Hyltom built a nice utility, didn't he? But i'd already built many of my own custom shade modes for ceramic, toon, wax, brushed metal, auto-paint, medical x-ray (that's a really cool one ! ) and i like the results of my own maps. they are optimized to blend the shading effect of the emap with the object's color. So i'm not restricted to the map's color. Hyltom should add a blend adjuster in there. that would be really good...

shorty
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
651.34 In reply to 651.32 
how do you get auxpecker to work I selected my model..metal..gold and clicked the icon nothing happens any help here?

"instructions from thier web site"
How to use Auxpecker plug-in?
-Select your object or part.
-Choose a material maps.
-Apply the material by clicking on the icon at the top left corner of the Auxpecker library windows

-
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
651.35 In reply to 651.34 
The display mode must be set to "rendered" (or use a custom display mode which uses the "rendering material" setting)

shorty
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
651.36 In reply to 651.35 
thanks I'll give it a try
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
I just tried the hypershot and is very easy and straightforward to use.
Take my 10 minutes to make this picture based on an existing Rhino file.
The importing feature work very well from rhino, recognizing even groups of parts.
Looks like the program is very easy to quick use but getting deeper on it there is a lot more powerful features.
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
651.38 In reply to 651.37 
Sergio - That looks great for just 10 minutes in the program. Does Hypershot recognize the texture mapping and decals from Rhino? Or you modeled all the letters on the handle?

jonah
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
651.39 In reply to 651.37 
"Thread : What is the simplest and easiest to use free renderer for MoI?"
Moi3d + Rhino + Hypershot + 2 Import steps = 200$$ + 1000$$ + min.200$$ = 1400$$ free renderer for MoI.(HiHi)

Yeah Moi3d import in hypershot and rendering is megasuper. (unfortunately without multi materials,when from Moi3d exports)
My favorite would be:
Moi3d + Hypershot + 1 Import step = 200$$ + 200$$ = 400$$ free renderer for MoI.
BestReg`s EDDI
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Here are some things I did - modeled in MoI - exported .obj with quads & triangles - rendered in Kerkythea 2007.

Not complex, but fun!!!
Michael Tuttle a.k.a. mictu http://www.coroflot.com/fish317537

EDITED: 4 Nov 2010 by MICTU_UTCIM

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-20  21-40  41-46