GTX or Quadro, FirePro?
All  1-3  4-5

Previous
Next
6500.4 In reply to 6500.3 
I would look to the GTX. Many of todays apps are actually moving towards graphics that work better on the "gaming" brand anyway.

You would want the quadro or pro level card only if your application can use it. Like Michael pointed out, all (well, in a sense) the pro level card does is offer a driver that "unlocks" other aspects of the card. But with that said, it's nothing that you would use anyway, with an app that doesn't use it.

For instance, The card can be "profiled" to Catia or Microstation. That doesn't mean "save a settings". The card actually changes it's behavior and commanding per the app and it's functionality.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
6500.5 In reply to 6500.4 
Thanks for the reply I agree with that, however pro cards needs less energy which could make less noise. Another thing is that I found some cards in te same price like Quadro K600, GTX 660, FirePro V4900 and not sure which one could be better for my needs. For the first look GTX looks good enough but in terms of NURBS application I have no idea and experience which one could be the best.

just found this video on youtube but not sure if it is correct or fake. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl4yNCgD3iA

It says it is Maya 2012. However after searching for many benchmark and tests today it seems PRO cards not even driver specific hardwares but there has to be a collaboration between software programers as well. Like in case of Solidworks vs Rhino. Solidworks has a really great results comparing GTX and Quadro but Rhino has nothing just an old certification of V5900 by AMD meanwhile Moi can handle both fine.

I do not know...
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-3  4-5