Looooong time to load files
All  1-10  11-12

Previous
Next
6492.11 In reply to 6492.10 
This conversation brings up a question for me.

Michael, what if you happen to receive IGES and you have no control over what that receivable is going to be and someone just man-crushes the IGES.

Are there things that you can do in MoI to get the file to work better, aside from the solutions offered such as mesh and disable auto-join?

Would an export into some other file format out of MoI and then back into MoI help to make an IGES more workable? Or performing various joins after the model is imported and then saving it out as 3dm?

Not that I see IGES much anymore, but in the day that was a common occurrence for me. Perhaps if there is a fix for files like that it could also be macro'd (if import, some commands, export some other format, import again, save final as MoI).

I am only assuming that not much can be done as you got what you got, but I am curious (and a little prayerful) that there is a solution that speeds things up.

Or if someone even knows of a import / export program that can help.

Thoughts?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
6492.12 In reply to 6492.11 
> Would an export into some other file format out of MoI and then back into MoI help
> to make an IGES more workable? Or performing various joins after the model is imported
> and then saving it out as 3dm?

If you just save the file out to 3DM format, that should then solve the "slow loading" part of the problem, but you still may have other problems to work on after that, like needing to select just specific groups of surfaces and then using Join rather than letting the whole file be processed for joining all together.

Basically you should only use IGES format just for the initial first load of the data into MoI, once you want to continue working on the file don't save it back to IGES format after that, use 3DM format for your in progress stuff.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-10  11-12