Cplane orientation picker
 1-20  21-30

Previous
Next
6482.21 In reply to 6482.20 
Yep, Michael I know about this drawing on surface. I just wanted to share some Ideas abot Cplane with you :)

-----------------------------------------
Portfolio: www.samardac.tumblr.com
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6482.22 In reply to 6482.21 
Hi Andrei, so I guess it would help me to know what it is you'd be looking to gain by having a saved cplane on that planar surface in your example there, rather than just using the automatic alignment that comes just from snapping onto that surface already... I could maybe guess a few reasons why that could be useful but it might be good for me to know more specifically why the direct on surface drawing is not working for what you need already, maybe there are improvements I could make to it.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6482.23 In reply to 6482.22 
Drawing on planar surface is very good, I just have habit to set Cplane and open it in TOP view, It looks for me more convinietn to draw, that is why I asked for simple script to set Cplane and the tourn on TOP view. But I can also dray in 3D view on surface. Everything is already good drawing on surface. But when you have to draw on non planar surface or on 2 non planar surfaces and then project it. I use Cplane and set Cplane from view.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6482.24 In reply to 6482.23 
Hi Andrei, so it sounds to me like possibly more stuff for drawing directly onto a non-planar surface might possibly solve those issues better than more cplane setting options... it is a somewhat tricky area though.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6482.25 In reply to 6482.24 
Drawin on non planr surface sound really good! Have no Idea how to make it precise, just do not know logic that you are going to implement.
Another Thing that is reaaly needed is the ability to move Cplane picker in ZXY coordinate! It will be very usefull when drawing on non planar surfaces!!! For example I alwas need to move picker a bit forward from sruface. This feature would be greate!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6482.26 In reply to 6482.25 
Hi Andrei,

> Have no Idea how to make it precise, just do not know logic that you are
> going to implement.

I don't know either yet, it's a kind of tricky area because it might involve different options for how the curve follows along the surface... That is something that I'd like to look into in the future though, it seems like it would be a kind of broader solution.

> Another Thing that is reaaly needed is the ability to move Cplane picker! It will be
> very usefull whe drawing on non planar surfaces!!! For example I alwas need to move
> picker abit forward from sruface. This feature would be greate!

You can do this currently - after you place the cplane picker, you can drag on the origin point of it to relocate it, and if you have on straight snap you will be able to track along the surface normal for that relocation as well...

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6482.27 In reply to 6482.26 
Never know about that it is possibel to move Cplane Picker in XYZ!! Talking with you open a lot of secrets for me!!!! Thank YOU!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6482.28 In reply to 6482.27 
You're welcome Andrei!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Michael one thing notice, when set Cplane, Rotation style is around Z, and it rotates around world Z, not Cplane? Looks like it would be goot to rotate around Cplane Z.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
6482.30 In reply to 6482.29 
Hi Andrei, are you talking about the 3D view rotation? When that is set to the option of "Rotate around world z axis", that is normal that it does not rotate around the construction plane's z-axis. That view rotation option is meant to keep your head pointing in the upwards world direction. It would be kind of weird to make it rotate around the construction plane z axis because there will probably be some amount of "tilt" in how you are currently viewing the cplane. So either the tilt would have to be zeroed out, making for a shift in the view when you set the cplane, or there would be a kind of left/right tilt that would stay fixed as you did the rotation. Either one is kind of strange.

If you want the view to rotate without regard to the world z axis direction, you can do that by setting the option under View > Rotate/Pan/Zoom options > Rotation style = "Free Rotation".

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-20  21-30