Stuff I've been doing with MoI lately.
 1-20  21-23

Previous
Next
Cool stuff Danny !!
(...thanks also for posting clearance units in millimeters... ;) )
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6475.22 In reply to 6475.13 
Hi Danny,

> Yeah, I started working on a design using a proven walking mechanism that looks so
> surreal from a Dutch design artist Theo Jansen pronounced (Tayo Yansen) and his
> creepy but cool Strandbeest's http://www.strandbeest.com/ I'm going to see if I can
> drive them with the wind-up motor.

Oh yeah those things are awesome! That sounds like a really cool use of the wind up energy.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
6475.23 In reply to 6475.1 
Very cool! I have been doing a ton of MoI + 3D printing, but am far lazier and haven't documented much. I'm using MoI's awesome OBJ export features for my model interchange and it has been a delight. Printing on a Replicator 2 and a friend is using a RepRap with similar results.

FYI - for those considering picking up a basic single-extruder printer such as the RepRap, Ultimaker, MakerBot, this kind of model is not very easy to print (if it is even possible). You'll need a dual-extruder printer or something like the Mojo that can print support structures. This model is a pretty good sales pitch for dual-extruder :) I think the part clearance would probably work for lower end FDM printers (I can do 0.25mm clearance with the Rep2 pretty reliably).

-FDP

EDITED: 8 Feb 2014 by FDP

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-20  21-23