Optimal configurations for Moi (and Blender)

Next
Hi everybody!

I would like to ask that what is the optimal configuration for Moi and Blender? I'd like to buy a new laptop HP nx6325
this config with ATI X1150 (only shared memory up to 128MB - in 3D MARK'05 it is 720 point) with AMD Turion X2 Tl-60 (2,0 Ghz dual core),
with 1024 RAM. Unfortunately I dont know it is enough to Moi and Blender

or I must choos another config (HP nw8240, it is an old model) with FireGl V5000 but with softer CPU ( Intel Centrino 2,13GHz processzor)
Important that I would like to take RENDERs too, It is really very important..I wouldnt like to spend hours next to the computer.
Is the FireGl graphics card can help in the rendering? Unfortunately I have not found such compare tests yet, but I try it.

Ohhh anyway I dont make animation films, only make randers about houses (because I study architecture), or maximum Cars, or even litle animation films about the house (but it is not necerally).

(PS..my english is poor ...sorry!)

Andras
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
647.2 In reply to 647.1 
Hi Andras,

> I'd like to buy a new laptop HP nx6325 this config with ATI X1150 (only shared
> memory up to 128MB - in 3D MARK'05 it is 720 point) with AMD Turion X2 Tl-60
> (2,0 Ghz dual core), with 1024 RAM. Unfortunately I dont know it is enough to
> Moi and Blender

I think that should work well. It would probably be a good idea to add additional RAM if possible.

> Is the FireGl graphics card can help in the rendering?

No - in general the graphics card is not used for final rendering, it is only used for the interactive real-time display while you are modeling.

So to speed up rendering you want as much CPU and memory as possible, the graphics card is not very important for that.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
647.3 In reply to 647.2 
Thank you, Michael !
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
647.4 In reply to 647.3 
Hi!

I'd definitly take the dual-core machine. On my Thinkpad with Intel Core Duo (T2400, 2x 1,8 GHz) I'm almost twice as fast on rendering/raytracing images with Blender compared to my AMD Athlon 64 3200+.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
647.5 In reply to 647.1 
I recently purchased this laptop and it has been a joy so far:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16834220124

There was a version with XP loaded instead of Vista - the Vista has been pretty much okay being that I got my Lightwave, Vue Infinite, XSI and ZBrush working on it (MOI of course as well) - there are just some apps (like my AfterEffects for one) that still aren't vista compatible yet so that can be a bummer...

I love the battery time - I wouldn't be surprised if I can't get 4 hours from it! I've yet to see the battery go down to half while using it - I'll have to see one day (on a plane or train trip somewhere...)

-Will
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All