Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
I wouldn't get too excited about this video. Its a promotional/advertisement piece. Thats all. I'm telling you, there was an enormous amount of production, preplanning, and 3d modeling work put into this that they never show. If you think you're going to jump into this software and whip up a design like that, well, you're kidding yourself.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6469.23 In reply to 6469.22 
"""If you think you're going to jump into this software and whip up a design like that, well, you're kidding yourself""""""""

Really beanworks? This may be true for the guy's who load a software for 20 minutes then make global declarations about it as "useless", but, the tech you see is not "new".... What's new is Darrel got it integrated into Modo....

For someone who can kitbash with that tech already, the watch example is not very complex.

But a lot of people miss the point of a lot of it. Like the dynamic nature of the Boolean tree. It would be like MoI with parametrics.... Can I do it in MoI now, by "keeping all my objects" during Boolean processes and managing those? Yes! But that's not realtime either.

Seems like a lot of dissing the product from some who's take on things is "It cant replace this! or, It doesn't do everything!"

It's a great tool for Modo, for someone that wants that. Is it a "one click wonder tool for quad mesh final output?" No, but you'll have to show me one of those to start with, before that's even a discussion.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Seeing this really got me thinking of just how fantastic working with Booleans can be for modeling complex objects, we tend to think CSG Boolean methods (whether it's applied on nurbs or polygons) is old news and not relevant anymore ... but this video convinced me otherwise. I feel with explicit surface control point pushing a user can get carried away using very low level tools, that sometimes a few simple Booleans could achieve much faster.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
This will marvelous if MF will be integrated in Groboto!
Because it's the same creator(s) but alas this next times his health was not so good!
http://www.groboto.com/v3/resources.html

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
I think with every 3d software there are always pro's, con's and workarounds, we're all individuals so naturally we all have a different opinion there isn't going to be one perfect tool, even the high end stuff have their glitches, I know, I use one everyday.

Just model stuff and be happy :)

Cheers
~Danny~
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-20  21-26