Video cam - modeling suggestions?
All  1  2-5

Previous
Next
6468.2 In reply to 6468.1 
Hi Ron, things that look like one big melty fluid object can tend to be easier to construct in a sub-d modeling program rather than in a CAD program just in general.

For doing it in MoI you would probably be looking at using Blend a lot to create smooth connecting surfaces between different pieces, it's a pretty advanced type of modeling though and has a higher learning curve than doing construction of more mechanical shapes though.

Check out some of Mike Maynard's tutorials for some help on some of the techniques involved:
http://www.k4icy.com/tutorials.html

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6468.3 In reply to 6468.2 
Amazingly fast reply, Michael! Thank you.
I have used Mike's tuts in the past - he is great. Almost all my modeling experience is with Rhino and MoI, so I really have to figure out a better workflow for objects like these.
Thanks again.
Ron
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6468.4 In reply to 6468.3 
Hi Ron, yeah sorry it's kind of hard to give very specific feedback about the whole object... If you had a more specific question about one specific individual piece of it, that might be something I could give you some additional information on.

Just in general the kind of qualities of a sort of melty/blobby form that you were generally asking about though tends to be the kind of thing that sub-d modeling is strong in, rather than the "construct from profile curves" type of modeling workflow that MoI is more focused on.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Make base shape with loft (loose, exact), and then trim it.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1  2-5