Sweep Question

Next
Hi,
I'm trying to make this shape into a solid. What you see is my attempt to sweep the 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock sections as profiles and the front and back curves as rails. I then have to planar surface both front and back to get four surfaces and then join to get a solid. There must be a better way ... Ultimately I want to subtract this solid from another solid.
If I reverse the picking order of the profiles and rails it pops a solid the first try but I loose the radiuses .

Thanks for your time.
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6452.2 In reply to 6452.1 
hi there!

i would use the front/back curves as profiles and the the other 2 as rails. make sure to select "Maintain tangent" to keep those radiuses.

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6452.3 In reply to 6452.2 
Thank you Marco for the quick reply !
What I wasn't happy with using the front/back curves as rails was that I was loosing the radius at the 3 & 6 o'clock positions. What I did was add a radius profile at the 3 o'clock position and use it as a scaling rail and also picked 'maintain tangent' and it looks like what I wanted !
Thanks again !
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
6452.4 In reply to 6452.3 
...with the maintain tangent option those radiuses should actually be "there"..even without the additional(3/9o'clock) curves..

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All