Retina Macbook and Moi

Next
Hello all, I am due for an upgrade and I am thinking of getting a 15" Retina MacBook pro to replace my aging MacBook 13" where Moi works well. Will I have any problems running our favorite 3D software Moi on that machine.
Thanks in advance.

EDITED: 15 Jan 2014 by P5TH

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6437.2 In reply to 6437.1 
Hi phlatt5th,

> Will I have any problems running our favorite 3D software Moi on that machine.

I have a fix in the most recent v3 beta (Nov-19 version) for some weird flickering that would happen when the window was resized on the retina display. Also currently I don't think there's any way at the operating system level to mark MoI to use the native Retina screen resolution, which means that it will make make the MoI window half size internally and then scale up the display by two times. This can result in some amount of blur in the display, but you may not notice it.

If you get a brand new one you'll get one with Mavericks on it, and if you're using multiple monitors you'll need to change a setting in the operating system as described here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=6337.3

I do know of at least one person who has been running MoI on a Retina MacBook pro though, so it should be doable.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
6437.3 In reply to 6437.2 
Hi Michael,
It will be a brand new one and I won't be using multiple monitors. When I get it I will be sure to report back.
I hope all will be well because I use Moi every day to sketch or doodle something.
Since I have to be mobile the laptop is a staple and I must have a dose or two of Moi daily :D
Thanks.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All