what does a dotted selected line mean?

Next
I tried to join 2 curves, but it failed, and when looking closer to the lines I saw that one of them is dotted. searched the manual but I found nothing on this.

tnx
wim
Image Attachments:
Size: 21 KB, Downloaded: 29 times, Dimensions: 366x428px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
the 3dm file attached
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
found it!

that curve was initially a straight line, which was joined to other curves, but I had to change some points, so I separated the joined curve, and the straight line was thereby converted to a freeform curve, and the control lines are at the same place of the straight line itself, which gives a dotted result.
I think I found why the lines would not join, I selected them in front view, and probably had another line behind that selected too. selecting in 3d view solved it.

rgds
wim
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
6435.4 In reply to 6435.1 
Hi wim, it sounds like you've got it all figured out, but just in case the dotted line is what's called the "control polygon hull" - it's just a line that connects all the control points together so you have some indication of their ordering:

If your control points are all in a straight line, then that dotted control hull will be going right over top of the curve itself.

- Michael
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All