Moving a Solid

Next
Hi,
I've been playing with solids and the Boolean operations. I've been working in the 3D window and managed to move one solid away from the other. How can I bring back that solid back exactly into position so that I can join them ? Redo doesn't do the job and I didn't save.
Is there a point to point or a face to face type of command?
Thanks for your time.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
6432.2 In reply to 6432.1 
Hi jetblast, on the side pane go to the Transform tab, and the Move command there is a point-to-point move command.

The way you can use it is to first select the solid you want to move, then run Transform > Move. The prompt in the upper right corner will say "Pick base point". Snap this point onto a key point on the solid you want to move, like on an endpoint or whatever point is most easily matched to another key area on the other part. Make sure you have "Object Snap" enabled in the bottom toolbar.

Then at the next prompt for picking the target point pick the point on the place you want to move to.

See here for some more info:
http://moi3d.com/2.0/docs/moi_command_reference8.htm#move

Also if you have on object snaps, when you just grab and drag the object you want to move, if you grab it nearby an end or midpoint of an edge it will lock on to that point to allow you to drag snap it to another snap point elsewhere.

If you're still stuck maybe you could post the 3DM model file with your solids in it so I could give you a demo with that.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All