Any thoughts about a VR - Oculus Rift mode?
All  1-10  11-16

Previous
Next
6430.11 In reply to 6430.10 
Hi rhadiem,

> You wouldn't need to display anything inside the 3d, just the model. Does this make sense?

But then wouldn't you need to take on and off the whole device whenever you wanted to actually draw something?

I'm just not sure how much actual usefulness that would have, I mean it would definitely be fun but it's kind of a lot of investigation and work involved even to get to that point... It's sort of difficult for me to find the time for stuff that might not deliver a whole lot of specific usefulness to the end result.

Are there any viewer applications that can just load a 3D model from an .obj file for example? Maybe setting up a shortcut key that would just save to an OBJ file and then fire up the viewer program would do about the same level of thing that you're asking about...

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6430.12 In reply to 6430.11 
From MoI to .obj to Octane Stand Alone works pretty well for a rotatable quick render, also.
Not the same thing you are hoping for but I find it a helpful route.
cheers,
eric
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6430.13 In reply to 6430.11 
> But then wouldn't you need to take on and off the whole device whenever you wanted to actually draw something?

Yeah you have a point. I'll check out that Octane renderer then, if that has a VR viewing mode. I hadn't heard that does. I guess I figured it could be a start to a fuller VR mode, but yeah there is little benefit to do all that just to do a quick view.

Hopefully a MOI-VR will be something we will get in a few years? :D
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6430.14 In reply to 6430.13 
Hi rhadiem,

> Hopefully a MOI-VR will be something we will get in a few years? :D

It would be really fun to work on that! But there is still so much stuff that's been requested for the current non-VR MoI version, I don't want to really abandon the current version of MoI and shoot off on some totally different direction at least not for a while to come anyway...

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6430.15 In reply to 6430.14 
I would love to test such goggles myself. I wish I could live for another 200 years to see all the great stuff still to come.
VR is really great and how cool will it be if we can participate a game as seen on the holodeck from star-trek.

Peace,
Rich_Art. ;-)

| C4DLounge.eu | Our Dutch/Belgium C4D forum. |
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
6430.16 In reply to 6430.14 
I understand Michael. :) Or you could be the premiere VR modeling software and have a head start on the market. :D Anyways, as a user of MOI, you keep on what you're doing, just tossing out ideas. :) Cheers.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-10  11-16