Custom axis label colors

Next
Hi Michael et al,

Is there a way to customize the viewport's XYZ axes label colors? Right now I've got a background and grid color scheme that makes the XYZ axes labels nearly invisible.

And one other thing: in the settings you can change the color for the X-axis and Y-axis viewport lines, but not for the Z-axis, resulting in the Z-axis getting the Y-axis color in views such as the right and front viewport, which I find a tad confusing. I'd love to have a separate Z-axis color as well, so I can copy Blender's easy-to-remember RGB scheme to XYZ colors.

Thanks, and loving MoI more and more with each modeling session.

Metin

EDITED: 9 Jan 2014 by SEVENSHEAVEN

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6424.2 In reply to 6424.1 
Hi Metin, do you mean the small xyz tripod in the lower left corner of the viewport?

The colors used for that can be adjusted in moi.ini - go to Options > General and push the "Edit .ini file" button. Inside of there the R, G, B values can be adjusted by these settings under the [View] section:

[View]
<....>
AxisIconXColor=160,160,160
AxisIconYColor=160,160,160
AxisIconZColor=160,160,160

> And one other thing: in the settings you can change the color for the X-axis and
> Y-axis viewport lines, but not for the Z-axis, resulting in the Z-axis getting the
> Y-axis color in views such as the right and front viewport, which I find a tad confusing.

Right now the way those axis colors work, is the "x axis" and "y axis" that are being referred to are not the world axis directions, but rather the local coordinate system of the viewport's own grid. So think of those as more like "horizontal grid axis" and "vertical grid axis".

In the future I will probably be changing that so that it can be colored by their world axis directions like you were wanting them, but right now there isn't any way set up to do that.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6424.3 In reply to 6424.2 
Thanks Michael! Going to dive into the versatile MoI .ini file. I also discovered that you can change the radius indication / value to diameter by default in the .ini file. That was also something I longed for.

———————

sevensheaven.nl — 3D (print) modeling • animation • characters • icons • illustration • infographics • logos • visualization

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
6424.4 In reply to 6424.3 
Hi Metin,

> I also discovered that you can change the radius indication / value to diameter by default in the .ini file.

Yup! Just in case anyone else reading this is looking for this same thing, it's a setting under the [Commands] section of the moi.ini file:

[Commands]
UseDiameterDefault=n

If you switch that to =y then commands that have a switchable radius/diameter input in them (like circle or sphere for example) will default to diameter instead of radius.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All