gif file

Next
Hi, I'm somewhat of a 'nube' to the latest CAD programs. I was a designer at Ford and used a program called 'Ideas' up to about 10 years ago and then took an early retirement and haven't touched a design program since. Seems like a lot of things have passed me by ... I'm going to try my hand at designing and building some model aircraft and would like to use some images I found on the web. It seems to me that MoI might be just the thing I need to develop the fuselage and wing surfaces. The images I found are gif files but it looks like MoI doesn't recognize these files.

Is there a way that I can get them into MoI with out too much pain ...

I down loaded the 30 day trail program and so far I find it AMAZING !!

Thanks for your time.

Barry
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6421.2 In reply to 6421.1 
Hi Barry, welcome to MoI!

You can bring GIF images into MoI as a background image to use as a tracing guide. To do that, use the View > Image command, check out here for some screenshots of where to access this command:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=2546.44

Once you're in the Image command, use the "Add" button in the command options area to add in a new one, that will let you pick the .gif file and then you draw a rectangle for where to place it.

Aircraft tend to be one of the more advanced and demanding type of models to undertake though, it's probably a good idea to try some more simple projects first to gain more familiarity with MoI before doing that.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
You can also use a image editing program such as "gimp" to crop out the bits of the gif image you need and even change it to other formats which can be imported into MoI such as *.jpg and *.png.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Thanks guys !
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM