Veronoi mesh
All  1-16  17-19

Previous
Next
6404.17 In reply to 6404.15 
Hi Burr,

> Michael. Have you thought about making a way to have window selection perform a drill down selection?

Yup, already done! ;)

The trick is to set a selection filter (Ctrl click the selection dot on the right hand side) on the Types > Faces entry in the scene browser. Once that is set all selection actions including window selection will only target faces directly. It's like being already "drilled in" to every object. The same thing works for edges as well.

So for example once that is set, you can do one strategic window select (use the "start on left and move towards the right" type of window that only targets things completely inside the window, right-to-left targets anything that intersects it) from the side view to select the top or bottom end cap faces and delete them.

Don't forget to Ctrl click on it again or just push Escape to clear the filter right after you're done using it, you don't want to forget that those are active.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6404.18 In reply to 6404.17 
Just saw you above response. That's it. I haven't eaten at the filter buffet yet. I keep forgetting to get a plate! Good stuff.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
6404.19 In reply to 6404.16 
Thanks very much Michael. I will give this a try.
Gunter
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-16  17-19