User Created Metro Icons

Next
Just got a Windows 8 tablet for work and decided to make up a quick pair of icons for MoI 2 & 3 Beta. I've also attached the source artwork (which was just traced from the official MoI logo).

Won't be offended if Michael wants to remove these - after all, its his baby!

-FDP

Image Attachments:
Size: 24.6 KB, Downloaded: 16 times, Dimensions: 512x512px
Size: 39.3 KB, Downloaded: 17 times, Dimensions: 512x512px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6379.2 In reply to 6379.1 
They look nice FDP, thanks for sharing them!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
These look quite nice, but I have yet to change to Windows 8, still on 7
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
I personally dislike Windows 8. It's a strange hybrid of the traditional Windows and a forced new full-screen Metro app interface. I also think the security has gone too far. You're asked for administrator permission for too many actions.

After years of hesitation I've made up my mind and will switch to a Mac next year. Then my Apple ecosystem will be complete: iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and a Mac. Looking forward to it.

Of course this is just my personal experience, don't want to start one of those hackneyed OS wars. ;)

———————

sevensheaven.nl — 3D (print) modeling • animation • characters • icons • illustration • infographics • logos • visualization

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6379.5 In reply to 6379.4 
For a smoothly working w8, you must disable every single service that manages security, but keep windows defender on. The performance of microsofts operating system has gone through a substantial improvement, w8 never slows down.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6379.6 In reply to 6379.5 
Yep - WIN 8.1 is a big improvement over WIN8. The Start button brings back most of what was taken away. And I configured it to boot directly to the desktop.

I removed all external security programs as well and just use Windows Defender which is built in WIN8.1.

I rarely get prompted for permissions. Usually only during file downloads.

Ed
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Although I never used it I do find the metro UI to be beautifully designed and intriguing, I would like to give it a try someday. I can't say anything about it's usability though, as I have read my fair share of bad feedback about it's problems, and I do find Microsoft's attempt to convert the "sacred" desktop environment into another mobile tablet friendly experience a bad move for the desktop oriented productivity users.

If I ever made a platform jump it would definitely be for the Linux environment and a more "open" ecosystem. But as I stand currently I rely too much on Windows, as it is used at work and by most other people, and the convenience of having portable apps in my thumdrive is just too big to drop for now :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All