odd mouse behavior

Next
Hi Michael ...

I just exported a file from Rhino 5 and then opened it in MoI.

It opened fine but the views were not functional. I set it to 'top view' but whenever I moved the mouse it would pop up the split view in the quadrant where the cursor was located. This effectively made MoI too dysfunctional to use.

I tried another mouse with the same result. I thought at first that it might be a Logitech problem as I has recently switched mice ... the Microsoft mouse displayed the identical behavior.

So, I tried saving the file, closing MoI and opening it again. Works fine, so it is a small problem though I did notice it once before when working with a Rhino file.

Now that I know what to do it is no problem for me ... just thought I should report it.

I am working on an architectural project that has reached the dimension and notes stage so have had to switch from MoI to Rhino but moved back to design the cabinets .. MoI is so much smoother during the design stages.

cheers,
eric
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6334.2 In reply to 6334.1 
Hi eric, this display flickering is a bug that could occasionally happen when launching MoI by double-clicking a 3DM file in Windows Explorer, when that 3DM file was saved with a maximized view in it.

If you run into it again, a quick fix is to switch the view configuration from the maximized view back to split view inside of MoI, once you have done that one single time for that MoI session it should solve the problem.

I've just recently tracked down the bug and fixed it for the next v3 beta, so you shouldn't see it again after the next v3 beta is out.

Thanks for reporting it,

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
6334.3 In reply to 6334.2 
Great Michael ..
Thanks.
I have only run into it a couple of times ... but glad you have a fix for it.
cheers,
eric
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All