The joy of construction lines (and a few other thoughts on my first week with Moi)
All  1-6  7-11

Previous
Next
6333.7 In reply to 6333.5 
> I guess maybe it's possible in your case that you feel you need to have this particular UI set up because you do need it in Rhino? But you need it in Rhino because of how >some of Rhino's object snaps work where some of them kind of hog attention and so can't be just left on all the time.... The same issue has been designed out of MoI's >snaps specifically so you don't need to constantly enable/disable individual snap types in MoI.

And you've succeeded magnificently well in this department. As I mentioned I my first post the overall construction lines/object snapping workflow is the thing that has impressed me most about MoI. It's just a personal preference that probably has more to do with how I use snapping in my polygonal software suites - C4D & Modo, both of which have vastly inferior snapping to MoI hence my reliance on Sketchup for polygonal prototyping (which also has excellent snapping via it's inference workflows). It's nothing specifically to do with MoI or Rhino, I just at times (especially on detailed models) I like to turn down the 'visual clutter' of having every snapping indicator flash in my viewport.

Apologies if I appeared in any way over-critical, I hoped I was being constructive about my own personal experience with MoI. An experience which in the main has been nothing but pleasurable.

jm
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6333.8 In reply to 6333.7 
Hi Jonathan, no problem - and certainly your feedback is valid too!

It would be better if there was more information in the wiki. But I sort of don't really like messing with it that much so it tends to get neglected. I just prefer to focus my energy here on the forum and in improving the software itself.

And certainly a better overall organization of scripts and customization resources would be helpful. I do want to have that in the future. In a certain sense I don't want to spend a lot of energy on the wiki for this purpose since I think that a kind of built in library browser would be better in the long run. The trick is finding enough time to work on that, it will probably still be a while since there are just other more fundamental areas to cover first.

For UI customization a tricky problem is how to allow UI customization while at the same time incorporating changes to the UI that come from new feature additions as well.

The things you are asking about will come eventually I think, it kind of takes a long time to do a good job in these particular areas though.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6333.9 In reply to 6333.7 
Also is copy/paste back and forth between MoI and Rhino working ok for you now?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6333.10 In reply to 6333.9 
I noticed that they released a new beta of Rhino this week so I'll download that in the morning and let you know - it's 2am here in the UK - burning the midnight oil once again so must get to bed!!! :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
6333.11 In reply to 6333.9 
Downloaded and tested and it works perfectly on OS X as it does on Windows. Must have been a glitch in the beta build of Rhino I was running. :)

Thanks again

jm
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-6  7-11