Pot Handle

Next
Hello dear guys, How you would build a pot handle, without an "hard seam"?!

the red marked edge I tried lofting and also Seep but allways an hard edge ... and it can cause problems by texturing or even rendering ...

EDITED: 30 Nov 2013 by LORDFOX

Image Attachments:
Size: 302.9 KB, Downloaded: 86 times, Dimensions: 1920x1080px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6321.2 In reply to 6321.1 
Maybe try rebuilding the source curves first? I don't know..
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6321.3 In reply to 6321.1 
Hi Lordfox, it would be helpful if you could post a 3DM model file of what you show there instead of only a screenshot. That would make it possible for someone to work with your current model and show some ideas on what to do. Right now without the model posted if someone wants to show you something they have to create it all from scratch, so that may cut down on the number of useful replies to you.

But as far as removing a hard seam, the main ways to do that are either with Fillet or Blend.

To use Fillet you select the edge where those pieces are joined and run Construct > Fillet. Blend is a little different, Blend creates a new surface in between 2 edges so for Blend you need to leave some empty space between the parts and then use Blend to fill in a smooth connecting piece.

But Fillet or Blend are the tools in Moi that maintain smoothness to the surfaces around them - Loft or Sweep do not do that.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6321.4 In reply to 6321.3 
Hello dear Michael, dear readers

I could solved my problems, I think but I did post a bad example - I did post it. But today I could made a very good example! I could made a nice surface with revolving (pot) + blending (connection) + loft (handle) ...

But its important, that the loft-curve is tangent to the blended part. And the blending was my last step -
1 Revolve and Trimming the handle profile curves 2x2 curves and extrude the smallest curve
2 Lofting
3 Blending

:)

I think I will made my first tutorial - my englsih isnt so good :)

thats all, this was my way ... ;)

And so I could even made a union-boolean with all parts and a nice coffeee-pot :)

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous

I'm happy now, its better to made the blending in the last step

I did made an revolve and trimming first after this than an loft and after lofting ... blending ... :)
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All