Shortcut key command scripting
All  1-9  10-13

Previous
Next
6309.10 In reply to 6309.9 
Hi william,

> I just read about Michael's vision for his software and the use of the pen tablet. I, on
> the other hand, have been going on and on about shortcuts for the keyboard. I'm kinda
> going against his vision, I think.

Even though the tablet focus was the original vision for the software, it's become less of a specific focus as time has gone on, just because more people are interested in just the more general "ease of use" type aspect. There are more people using MoI with a mouse than with a tablet.

> I have been looking at pen tablets over the past few months and would be interested
> in using MoI on a tablet.

There may not be much of a reason to get a tablet if you are not already used to using one. MoI's tablet stuff isn't about special things that are only activated when you use a tablet, it's more that the UI is designed so it's not painful to use when you're on a tablet (which is frequently the case with a lot of software).

If you have previously spent a lot of time drawing then possibly a tablet would feel comfortable for you. If you've already spent most of your time using a mouse it may be pretty awkward.

So it's not that you _need_ to have a tablet to use MoI, it's just that if you are already using a tablet, MoI can work well with it. It works fine with a mouse too though.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6309.11 In reply to 6309.10 
> Even though the tablet focus was the original vision for the software, it's become less of a specific focus as time has gone on, just because more people are interested in just the more general "ease of use" type aspect. There are more people using MoI with a mouse than with a tablet.

I have a wacom intuos tablet. To be honest, I didn't even try it once with MoI. :)
Mouse + keyboard has always been easier, more comfortable for me with 3d programs. On the other hand, tablet is a must have for painting/texturing/sculpting purposes. My two cents...
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6309.12 In reply to 6309.11 
But try to draw a "free curve" with the tablet and Moi!
You cand keep your artist free hand!
It's more easy than the mouse :)
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
6309.13 In reply to 6309.12 
Pilou, I agree.

I still think the pen tablet is a fantastic idea. The 3D software on the market is still too large for laptops. They work, but are slow. MoI seems ideal for the laptop and pen tablet. :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-9  10-13