PreferencesShortcuts / Hidden objects

Next
Hi,
I have three questions here :

- I realized that opening different files also results in different setups of preferences7options ( shortcuts, styles)
What do I have to do to open any file within the same MoI presets (shortcuts,s tyles) ?

- I have drawn some curves which create a constantly updating surface. (loft. network, etc)
I wanted to change the shape of the curves unobstructed by the surface they create, so I
hided them by clicking on the eye icon in the browser.
But whenever I move a point on one of the curves, the surface created by them apperars,
means its status in the browser changes form hidden to unhidden.
Is there a way to keep them closed as long as I whish without unhiding when the curves sre
changed ?

- Is there a shorcut for showing the grid and a shortcut for displaying the options menu ?

thx TOM

EDITED: 23 Nov 2013 by SIRTOM

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6299.2 In reply to 6299.1 
Hi Tom,

> - I realized that opening different files also results in different setups of
> preferences7options ( shortcuts, styles)
> What do I have to do to open any file within the same MoI presets (shortcuts,s tyles) ?

This is not quite correct - shortcut keys are not associated with particular files, they're part of the program's own settings and they won't change as you open new files.

Styles on the other hand are associated with files, different files may have totally different style structures in them. But there is a function that you can use for adding in your normal default styles to any file that you open, that's called "Add default styles", on the Style menu, see here for how to access it:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=5675.13

You can also customize what styles are considered to be your default styles by setting up a 3DM file that contains those styles in it and setting that 3DM file as the template file under Options > General > Template file.

> Is there a way to keep them closed as long as I whish without unhiding when
> the curves sre changed ?

Sorry no there's not currently any way to prevent the result of a history recalculation to be turned off. If you want to though you can sever the connection from the curves to the surface by selecting the surface and running Edit > History and click the "Disable update" button.

> - Is there a shorcut for showing the grid and a shortcut for displaying the options menu ?

For the grid see here: http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=4954.1

For options see here: http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=6285.2

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Thank you Michael.

[This is not quite correct - shortcut keys are not associated with particular files, they're part of the program's own settings and they won't change as you open new files.]

Well I just copied and pasted shortcut scripts from one option dialog to the other (have two instances of MoI running) because
of that ?!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6299.4 In reply to 6299.3 
Hi Tom - 2 instances of MoI running kind of needs some care when manipulating global options.

MoI writes out shortcut keys to the moi.ini file when it exits. If you have 2 running instances they will each write out what they separately have for their shortcut keys when that particular instance exits.

One way you can keep things in sync is to exit the other instance of MoI, set up your shortcut key in the only one single running instance, close that down and then every instance that you start up after that will be able to see the same shortcut keys since they'll all get read in from the one single shared moi.ini file.

Hope that makes sense for what you ran into.

In the future I might try to rework how global options work so that changing them in one instance would change it in the other one right away but it involves a fair amount of work so it does not try to do that right now. So it will kind of appear that 2 separate instances have their own options but that's only temporary, they both write their settings into the same moi.ini file (with any later written one overwriting the previous values).

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
6299.5 In reply to 6299.4 
Thanks for the info - it works correctly now TOM
  Reply Reply More Options