V3 beta Nov-19-2013 available now
 1-9  …  30-49  50-69  70-77

Previous
Next
Also, if the end of the line is touching the grid plane, then the line will be scaled at the other end.
But only a vertical line will maintain its grid point position.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6297.71 In reply to 6297.70 
Hi danperk, yeah that's another part of the resizing method as well, if the bounding box around the object ends on the x/y construction plane, it will project the scale origin onto that plane so the object stays resting on that plane after it's sized.

That works with any kind of object, not just a line - like if you draw a box that has the bottom of the box on the z = 0 plane, when it's resized it will stay with its bottom on the z = 0 plane.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi Michael.

Thanks for the clarification on how it all works.
If I'm being honest, I think your idea of resizing from where the line is picked is easier to remember as it's just the one rule for all situations. It would also work where the line to be edited intersects at something other than an end/mid point of another line, or needs to overlap an object by a distance which has already been set.

All the best.

Martin.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6297.73 In reply to 6297.72 
Hi Martin, yeah that might be better to have it controlled by a more simple rule...

One thing that I'm not quite certain about is if an arc that has its radius being edited should also use that same rule as well.

Right now arcs follow the same current rule where if you have an arc that touches a line, and you edit the radius of the arc, it will stay anchored to the line.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6297.74 In reply to 6297.73 
Hi Michael.

I didn't know about that rule for arcs.

Maybe keep the current rule and add that if the arc is selected near to its mid point, then the radius change is anchored to the current centre of the arc, i.e. keep the centre where it is?

Martin.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6297.75 In reply to 6297.1 
Wow that sounds like a nice version. I'll download it later today..

Peace,
Rich_Art. ;-)

| C4DLounge.eu | Our Dutch/Belgium C4D forum. |
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi Michael.

I think I've found a bug under certain circumstances when editing the size of something.
Have a peep at the video and see how the size isn't updated correctly when I double click in the Y axis box, rather than Tab to it.

http://screencast.com/t/2Prr4e5ufL

Martin.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
6297.77 In reply to 6297.76 
Hi Martin, that's just how the size box is designed to work - your typed in value is only committed if you push Enter or Tab on the keyboard, not if you just click somewhere else.

That's the same behavior generally throughout the entire MoI UI... For example if you start drawing a rectangle and type in 10 to set a width of 10 but then click somewhere else like on the "Rounded corners" checkbox without actually pushing enter, your typed in value will not be commited. Typed in values are commited throughout the UI when you push Enter or Tab to signal to MoI that you're finished typing in that field.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-9  10-29  30-49  50-69  70-77