V3 beta Nov-19-2013 available now
 1-4  5-24  25-44  45-64  65-77

Previous
Next
6297.5 In reply to 6297.4 
Is-it possible to have this displaying also in the interface of MoI, as lights options, and & or, when we set the parameters of the dialog box, to see the result at screen, as, when we set the options for an export?

Good MoI!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Some new precisions to translate! :)
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6297.7 In reply to 6297.1 
Hi Michael,

quote:
AI format for clipboard transfer should work on OSX now.

MoI to AI CS3 using moi.geometryDatabase.copyToClipboardAI(); or moi.geometryDatabase.copyToClipboardPDF(); still doesn't work. I tried some other programs like InDesign or iDraw to copy and paste a vector line into AI CS3 and also had no luck. The only thing that worked was copying a path from Photoshop to Illustrator.
I looked for a program to view the clipboard contents and found it here: http://www.markdouma.com/developer/ClipboardViewer.zip

According to this a successful clipboard copy must be in a 'AICB' (CorePasteboardFlavorType 0x41494342) format in order to paste into AI CS3.

I attached the successful clipboard data from copying a vector line from Photoshop CS3 to Illustrator CS3 and also the clipboard data from copying a line from MoI to AI.
Maybe it helps. If not Illustrator CS3 will stay the stubborn one among all versions.

Image Attachments:
Size: 114.3 KB, Downloaded: 160 times, Dimensions: 516x963px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6297.9 In reply to 6297.2 
Hi Martin,

> I've just noticed that 'Export Type' is no longer present when saving as a DXF, so the choice between
> 2D Projection and 3D Curves doesn't seem to be there any more. I quite often need to export 3D curves
> to my CAM programs for engraving on non-planar surfaces so it would be good to get this back if
> possible - unless I'm missing something of course :-)

It should still show up and work the same as before when you are only exporting curves out to the DXF file and not any surfaces or solids.

Either hide the surfaces and solids and do a "Save As", or select just the curves you want to export and do File > Export to write just those to the DXF - the options and behavior will then be the same as the previous beta.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6297.10 In reply to 6297.5 
Hi Bard,

> Is-it possible to have this displaying also in the interface of MoI, as lights options, and & or, when
> we set the parameters of the dialog box, to see the result at screen, as, when we set the options
> for an export?

You mean to see a preview image displayed inside of MoI when saving with hidden lines removed?

I would like to have that, but unfortunately there is a lot of work involved in doing a good job of that, and so I don't expect to have it anytime soon.

Also in this particular case a preview would be of limited usefulness because the options for this kind of export don't really involve minor tweaks of parameters like for example the mesh export can. These parameters are more for turning on or off kind of larger things which have more predictable outcomes.

If you want to experiment with how the different things like outlines and silhouettes look in your output when on or off, the easiest thing to do is to export with them all enabled and then in your illustration program or in Adobe Reader turn on and off different layers to hide and show those various pieces.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6297.11 In reply to 6297.7 
Hi Martin,

> MoI to AI CS3 using moi.geometryDatabase.copyToClipboardAI(); or moi.geometryDatabase.copyToClipboardPDF(); still doesn't work.

The copyToClipboardPDF() was working ok for others previously, do you mean that the PDF version did not work for you before?

> According to this a successful clipboard copy must be in a 'AICB' (CorePasteboardFlavorType 0x41494342)
> format in order to paste into AI CS3.

Yup, that's what the fix involved, in the previous beta I had tried using com.adobe.illustrator.ai-image as the clipboard flavor and that didn't work. So after switching to using 'AICB' instead over here that fixed it up when I tested it previously. I'll take another look.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6297.12 In reply to 6297.11 
Nice release Michael. The make2d and duplicate removal are very slick!

Is there any control over the scaling of the make2d? I generate a large scale 2d lines set off to the side, and was wondering what is in control of that, or the method.

Thanks again for some great work....
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6297.13 In reply to 6297.11 
Hi Michael,

quote:
The copyToClipboardPDF() was working ok for others previously, do you mean that the PDF version did not work for you before?

Correct, I was never able to copy anything from Moi to Illustrator using the clipboard neither in AI nor PDF format.

quote:
So after switching to using 'AICB' instead over here that fixed it up when I tested it previously.

But there's still a difference: the clipboard viewer shows "com.adobe.illustrator.aicb" after using moi.geometryDatabase.copyToClipboardAI(); and the successful Photoshop to AI copy uses in particular 'AICB' (CorePasteboardFlavorType 0x41494342). I'm afraid that CS3 is buggy in this regard since it's not even possible to copy from InDesign to Illustrator.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6297.14 In reply to 6297.11 
Hi Martin,

> Yup, that's what the fix involved, in the previous beta I had tried using com.adobe.illustrator.ai-image as
> the clipboard flavor and that didn't work. So after switching to using 'AICB' instead over here that fixed
> it up when I tested it previously. I'll take another look.

Actually what I switched it to was com.adobe.illustrator.aicb which is what CS6 seemed to use. Maybe older Illustrator versions need something slightly different to work.

I just tested again with CS6 over here and it moi.geometryDatabase.copyToClipboardAI() seems to be working ok for going into CS6.

I'll see if I can use the old style 'AICB' flavor instead to hopefully increase compatibility with versions older than CS6.

PDF copy/paste should be working though.

EDIT: wrote this before seeing your last message above.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6297.15 In reply to 6297.13 
Hi Martin,

> Correct, I was never able to copy anything from Moi to Illustrator using the clipboard neither in AI nor PDF format.

Hmmm, over here it works ok with both AI and PDF formats going into Illustrator CS6. On the previous beta only PDF worked.

> But there's still a difference: the clipboard viewer shows "com.adobe.illustrator.aicb" after
> using moi.geometryDatabase.copyToClipboardAI(); and the successful Photoshop to AI copy
> uses in particular 'AICB' (CorePasteboardFlavorType 0x41494342).

Yeah sorry the first thing I wrote was not correct, the current beta has it switched to a type of "com.adobe.illustrator.aicb" which is what seemed to work with CS6.

> I'm afraid that CS3 is buggy in this regard since it's not even possible to copy from InDesign to Illustrator.

Seems like it could be a problem with CS3 itself...

But I'll see if I can switch over to using the old style 4-character 'AICB' identifier if that still works ok with CS6, and maybe that will increase compatibility with older versions.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6297.16 In reply to 6297.12 
Hi Burr,

> Is there any control over the scaling of the make2d? I generate a large scale 2d lines set off to the
> side, and was wondering what is in control of that, or the method.

It's different depending on whether you're generating stuff from a perspective viewport or not.

If you do a non-perspective view, you should get the same scale as your original objects. With perspective there isn't really any fixed scale for object space to screen space and for that one it currently just generates the same units as it would for export to PDF format, which means fit to a 576 by 768 unit box (that's a letter page size in points units).

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6297.17 In reply to 6297.9 
Hi, Michael.

That's all OK again - I was saving some surfaces in the file too and so the option didn't show up.

Thanks for your help.

Martin.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6297.18 In reply to 6297.13 
Hi Martin (MARTIN3D) - re: copy/paste into Illustrator CS3 on OSX - it seems that I can't just use the old style 'AICB' clipboard identifier all the time because when that's used it then no longer works with CS6.

What I can probably do though is make the copyToClipboardAI() function take an optional parameter that will then make it use that older style clipboard format identifier, that may then get compatibility with older Illustrator versions.

Can you please send me an e-mail at moi@moi3d.com so I can send you a test version with that set up to see if that will solve the problem?

Thanks - Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6297.19 In reply to 6297.16 
"""""which means fit to a 576 by 768 unit box (that's a letter page size in points units).""""""""""""""

That's the ticket.... Thanks.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6297.20 In reply to 6297.19 
Hi Burr, no problem - yeah after you do a Make2D of something perspective if you then draw a 576 by 768 rectangle, the curves will be centered in that. They'll be arranged in the same aspect ratio as the 3D viewport used to generate them.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Michael,

I can't find in release notes but there was this small bug in previous versions when you open a file which was saved in maximized view (top, front, 3d, etc,...) screen was flickering (MoI was trying to switch between split and maximized viewports every time when you move your mouse) To fix this, every time I had to change viewport back to split after I've opened those files.
Right now I can't replicate this issue any more. It seems to be disappeared in Nov-19 beta.

Thanks.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6297.22 In reply to 6297.21 
Hi milkywaif,

> Right now I can't replicate this issue any more. It seems to be disappeared in Nov-19 beta.

Hmmm, this may just be a chance thing or maybe due to some other factor. Did you possibly update your video driver recently or switch off transparency for the Windows desktop theme or anything like that? Because as far as I know I haven't done anything in particular to solve this myself...

I've heard of this problem before from just a couple of people but I don't understand what would cause it, possibly some kind of video driver bug. I've never seen it myself.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6297.23 In reply to 6297.22 
> Hmmm, this may just be a chance thing or maybe due to some other factor. Did you possibly update your video driver recently or switch off transparency for the Windows desktop theme or anything like that? Because as far as I know I haven't done anything in particular to solve this myself...

No... Neither I recently updated my video card driver nor changed any windows transparency settings.

I downloaded and installed v2 to see if I can reproduce this again. And yes, I did reproduce this bug easily with v2.
I captured a video. Please check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFCwsElV96U

In this video I merely open the file. I did not click anywhere when flickering happened, only moved my mouse around.
This used to happen all the time until v3 nov-19 beta.

Now I uninstalled v2 and reinstalled v3 nov-19 beta. Double clicked the same file. Flickering did not happen!

I'm on a windows system but maybe this was fixed unintentionally with this fix??? -> " Fixed a bug on OSX where window resizing behaved strangely on Retina displays."
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi Michael & milkywaif,

I can confirm those same flickering issues & had them for some time.
Hadn't reported it as I'd put it down to just being something oddball with my old machine/components/system/display?

W7 x64 (latest updates installed)
Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT (latest drivers installed)

regards Colin
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-4  5-24  25-44  45-64  65-77