V3 beta Nov-19-2013 available now
 1-20  21-40  41-60  61-77

Previous
Next
Michael,

I can't find in release notes but there was this small bug in previous versions when you open a file which was saved in maximized view (top, front, 3d, etc,...) screen was flickering (MoI was trying to switch between split and maximized viewports every time when you move your mouse) To fix this, every time I had to change viewport back to split after I've opened those files.
Right now I can't replicate this issue any more. It seems to be disappeared in Nov-19 beta.

Thanks.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6297.22 In reply to 6297.21 
Hi milkywaif,

> Right now I can't replicate this issue any more. It seems to be disappeared in Nov-19 beta.

Hmmm, this may just be a chance thing or maybe due to some other factor. Did you possibly update your video driver recently or switch off transparency for the Windows desktop theme or anything like that? Because as far as I know I haven't done anything in particular to solve this myself...

I've heard of this problem before from just a couple of people but I don't understand what would cause it, possibly some kind of video driver bug. I've never seen it myself.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6297.23 In reply to 6297.22 
> Hmmm, this may just be a chance thing or maybe due to some other factor. Did you possibly update your video driver recently or switch off transparency for the Windows desktop theme or anything like that? Because as far as I know I haven't done anything in particular to solve this myself...

No... Neither I recently updated my video card driver nor changed any windows transparency settings.

I downloaded and installed v2 to see if I can reproduce this again. And yes, I did reproduce this bug easily with v2.
I captured a video. Please check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFCwsElV96U

In this video I merely open the file. I did not click anywhere when flickering happened, only moved my mouse around.
This used to happen all the time until v3 nov-19 beta.

Now I uninstalled v2 and reinstalled v3 nov-19 beta. Double clicked the same file. Flickering did not happen!

I'm on a windows system but maybe this was fixed unintentionally with this fix??? -> " Fixed a bug on OSX where window resizing behaved strangely on Retina displays."
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi Michael & milkywaif,

I can confirm those same flickering issues & had them for some time.
Hadn't reported it as I'd put it down to just being something oddball with my old machine/components/system/display?

W7 x64 (latest updates installed)
Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT (latest drivers installed)

regards Colin
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6297.25 In reply to 6297.24 
The old V2 was still using the mshtml and you'll want to consider the IE version you have and also the windows updates.

Moving to V3 will eliminate that.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6297.26 In reply to 6297.23 
Hi milkywaif,

> but maybe this was fixed unintentionally with this fix??? -> " Fixed a bug on OSX where window
> resizing behaved strangely on Retina displays."

Nope, couldn't have been that particular change - that one was a change in OSX-only code...

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6297.27 In reply to 6297.24 
Hi Colin,

> I can confirm those same flickering issues & had them for some time.

Did they also go away for you with this latest Nov-19 beta or is it still present?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6297.28 In reply to 6297.27 
Hi Michael,

The flicker is still there with the latest Nov-19 beta.

Note that the flicker appears only when opening a previously saved model.
It appears to only happen if I've saved & closed the session with a single View on closing, not when "Split".
Just to confirm, if Split is selected prior to closing & saved, reopening the same model will NOT have the flicker.

HTH, Colin
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Michael,

I was wrong, this issue is not fixed in nov19 beta at all. Fortunately I've managed to isolate the problem. I can totally confirm something in SidePane.htm is causing the flickering. Couple of days ago I've done some modifications to SidePane.htm and that's why my flickering issue was resolved! New beta was out that time, so I suspected you fixed it. I still can't figure out which particular line causes the flickering though.

EDITED: 28 Nov 2013 by MILKYWAIF

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6297.30 In reply to 6297.29 
Hi milkwaif, possibly something in your edited SidePane.htm causes the width of the side pane to change a little which in turn triggers a resize of the viewport area. That then triggers viewports getting arranged and probably solves the problem.

One question about the flickering - when it does happen if you then switch to split view to get rid of it, does it ever happen again within that same session like if you open the same file up again using File > Open this time instead of double-clicking it in Explorer?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6297.31 In reply to 6297.30 
> One question about the flickering - when it does happen if you then switch to split view to get rid of it, does it ever happen again within that same session like if you open the same file up again using File > Open this time instead of double-clicking it in Explorer?

It never happens again in same session after you get rid of it by clicking split view.

It only happens when these two conditions are met together;

1) double click open a file "which was saved not in split viewport"
2) MoI window is not maximized.

This is probably why only few people experienced it.

More specifically;

It does not happen if "MoI window is maximized or fullscreen" and "you double click to open the file"
It does not happen if "MoI window is maximized or fullscreen" and "you open the file through file/open"
It does not happen if "MoI window is NOT maximized or fullscreen" and "you open the file through file/open"
It happens if "MoI window is NOT maximized or fullscreen" and "you double click to open the file"
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6297.32 In reply to 6297.31 
Thanks for the additional info milkywaif! I've finally been able to reproduce the flicker over here and I'll have it fixed for the next v3 beta.

It was tricky to reproduce because under certain timing conditions with UI loading events it would also not happen (even when not maximized or full screen). In order for it to happen a certain piece of the UI layout code had to finish while the main window was still hidden.

It's an easy one line fix, thanks for reporting it.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6297.33 In reply to 6297.32 
> I've finally been able to reproduce the flicker over here and I'll have it fixed for the next v3 beta.

Good news, thank you :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Really great beta with a lot of useful stuff... Thanks Michael!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi, Michael.

I'm having a problem doing a Circular fillet or any of the G1/2/3 blends on the blue edges in the attached file which I would have thought should be OK because of the circular shape. Constant Distance and chamfer work as expected though.

Really enjoying this beta, thanks.

Martin.
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6297.36 In reply to 6297.35 
Hi Martin, what radius value are you trying to use for the fillet?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6297.37 In reply to 6297.36 
I've tried a few values, but I wanted just about the same as the other edges that are already done - I think 0.5mm.

**EDIT** Having reloaded the attached file back in to MoI I'm finding that the small blue edge will now fillet at 0.2mm, but not 0.3mm and the larger blue edge still won't fillet at any circular setting.

Martin.

EDITED: 29 Nov 2013 by BLOWLAMP

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6297.38 In reply to 6297.37 
Yeah, you can do some values but some others don't work well. It seems to be related to the vertical wall attached to the outside of those edges. If you delete those 2 walls and then run a loft/straight/exact on them (no caps) and then join back to a solid, then the fillet will succeed at the values you want.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6297.39 In reply to 6297.37 
Hi Martin,

> I've tried a few values, but I wanted 0.2mm, just about the same as the other edges that are already done.

The previous v3 beta seems to have the same problem, so it does not seem to be a regression just from any changes in this most recently released beta.

There may be some kind of accuracy problem with some of the trimming boundaries in there, it may take me a while to be able to investigate it in detail.

In the meantime, in addition to Burr's workaround above, if you scale the object up by 10 times in size it seems that then a fillet of radius 2mm works ok, then scale it back down by 1/10 and you should have a completed 0.2mm fillet on it.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6297.40 In reply to 6297.37 
Hi Martin, I've tracked down that fillet problem and have it fixed up for the next v3 beta.

It was related to a change back quite a few versions ago in v3 that used a different method to create a closed fillet surface to make them smoother at their closing seam. In this particular case the new fillet surface maker was not refining it until quite enough accuracy that was needed for some of the next fillet operations.

For this particular case right now if you scale it up by 10 times in size you will then be able to get the particular fillets that you need.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-20  21-40  41-60  61-77