Trouble rendering transparency with solid object.
All  1-2  3-5

Previous
Next
6286.3 In reply to 6286.2 
Hi Michael,

Thanks for taking the time to write back, I did quickly try a .OBJ file and it did cause the same problem.

I am using a Keyshot trial for rendering. Here is a quick render: http://oi44.tinypic.com/27x0xlt.jpg

I think you might be right that it could be an overlap problem. Could I do a small, maybe .001 offset or something on the interior cube so that they don't overlap, or which method would you suggest?

If I simple made a larger square with no thickness, I'm not sure I could include the foot of the base.

Thanks,
Misiu
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6286.4 In reply to 6286.3 
Taking the interior cube and scaling it to .99% solved the trick. However, is that really the best way?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
6286.5 In reply to 6286.4 
Hi Misiu,

> Taking the interior cube and scaling it to .99% solved the trick. However, is that really the best way?

Yup, that's probably the easiest way.

You basically don't want to have 2 different materials occupying the exact same surface area space - it will end up being pretty arbitrary which one is considered to be the topmost one. And it won't be consistently arbitrary, meaning some individual pixels may end up with the opaque one topmost and other pixels with the transparent one topmost. That causes the type of problem you were seeing.

I'm glad you've got it solved now!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-2  3-5