planar -> solid hatch
All  1  2-4

Previous
Next
6279.2 In reply to 6279.1 
Hi Max,

> I was wondering if there's a way to convert planar surfaces into solid hatches
> when exporting a 2d view (let's say Top) to dxf.

Sorry, no there's no way to do that currently.

I'm not sure when that might happen, probably not until the time that MoI itself has some kind of fill property that can be applied to things.

It's kind of awkward to try and use a planar surface as a substitute for a 2D "fill" type property globally because it gets hard to distinguish whether a particular surface is supposed to behave like a shaded solid object or whether it's supposed to behave like a 2D hatch fill type thing.

Right now if you want to build hatches you would need to do that in your 2D CAD program that you export out to.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6279.3 In reply to 6279.2 
I'm "hatching" in moi with that method just to get an idea of how the final thing will be.. Yes I usually use another cad software to make fills. But hey it would surely be a good addition to moi. That, dimensions and a layouting tool for printing.. Uhm, shut up and get my money! :D
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
6279.4 In reply to 6279.3 
Hi Max, I do want to have those kinds of things in MoI eventually, I'll probably be making a push in v4 for some of those kinds of tools.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1  2-4