Hidden Points on a solid (copy)

Next
Hello, I was very long abstinent with moi3d, because I did worked a lot with 3DCoat, but 3DCoat better for organic and moi3D better for mechanic :) now I'm back. And I tried now also the moi3D 3 beta.
And here is my question, why I don't can show all ponits?! Even if I did use "SELCT OBJECTS FOR POINT DISPLAY" I can not see points, some solids are fine, I can see, but some soids there are no points :(
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6271.2 In reply to 6271.1 
Points wont show on "joined surfaces" (more than one surface). So you can use seperate on the object and then points will show. Just know that moving points then will break the edges of the original joined surface and it will most likely need repair to rejoin correctly.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
6271.3 In reply to 6271.1 
Hi Lordfox, some more information on this FAQ answer here:
http://moi3d.com/FAQ#Q:_Why_does_show_points_work_for_some_objects_but_not_others.3F

Basically when you have objects where surfaces are joined at "trim edges" MoI does not allow you to turn on those surface control points because it is very easy then to pull the surfaces apart and make a gap between what is supposed to be a joined edge.

Like Burr says above if you use Edit > Separate on your object to break it into individual surfaces then you'll be able to turn on control points for those surfaces.

re: some solids are fine,

- if a solid is made up only of "untrimmed" surfaces then that's a special case where you can turn on control points for the solid - that will be the case for a simple box for example. But when you have things made up of trimmed surfaces it's a different kind of situation.

It's not a big focus for MoI in general to do control point manipulation of surface point cages, usually you should be creating surfaces from curves rather than by trying to squish surface points around.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All