Can´t open
All  1-2  3-19

Previous
Next
626.3 In reply to 626.2 
Hi Michael, thank you for your replay. Meanwhile I made an update of my graphic card. After this, I was able to activate 3D-acceleration in DirectX. Now I have a new message: Unable to create Direct3D9 device.

On my Desktop machine, it runs good. But unfortunately I prefer to work with my labtop.

Rudl
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
626.4 In reply to 626.3 
Hi Rudl, it doesn't appear that your laptop's video card has 3D acceleration capabilities.

In the DirectX diagnostic test that you show a snapshot of, the button for testing Direct3D ("Direct3D testen") is grayed out. I believe that means your card is a 2D graphics card without any 3D calculation capabilities.

Normally if your card has 3D calculation capabilities that button should not be grayed out...

According to that same screen, the video in your lap top is "S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR" - I can't seem to find very much detailed information on that card, which isn't a good sign, it means that it is probably rather old...

I'm sorry, I don't think that MoI is going to run on your current laptop.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Message 626.5 deleted 23 May 2007 by ALFRED_G

Previous
Next
626.6 In reply to 626.3 
http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=420&OSID=6&CatID=1430&SubCatID=112

This is the latest driver for your card, and for what I read it has 3D capabilities. Perhaps you will need to update to the latest DirectX 9 engine as well. It could be that your version of DX is older than the one used to develop MOI.... Just give it a try.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
626.7 In reply to 626.6 
Thank you Alfred,

but this driver is for ยด98. I have XP.

I already have made an update, but perhabs yours is younger.

Perhabs I should use a newer IE. I have IE6.

Also direktx shows me that it has 3D capabilties.

Thank You

Rudl
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
626.8 In reply to 626.7 
There is a little problem with IE7 (you must restart the parameters of IE 7)
Better is use Firfox as Navigator by default
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
626.9 In reply to 626.7 
Hi Rudl, it looks like your card does have basic 3D support. But unfortunately not at enough capabilities to run MoI.

This appears to be the problem area:

The "16-bit" part is the problem, MoI requires a video card that can do 3D graphics at 32-bit color.

The vast majority of video cards from about the past 5 or 6 years or so can do this, but it appears that the video card in your laptop computer is a bit older than that and does not have enough 3D calculation capabilities to run MoI, sorry.

There is one additional piece of information that you can give me that will let me completely verify if this is the problem or not - when you run MoI, maximize its window on the screen, and then hold down the "ctrl" key and click on the "MoI" title text that is in the upper-right corner of the window, nearby the window minimize/close controls. This will pop up a debug menu - choose "Show log" from that menu and copy the text inside it and post it here.

That will give me some detailed information on what specific thing is not working as needed.

However, it is very likely that the problem is that MoI requests a 32-bit color device and your video card is unable to provide that.

- Michael
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
626.10 In reply to 626.9 
Thank you........... I kiss you.

The problem was the 16bit color. I changed to 32 and everything is allright.

Greetings from Germany

Rudl
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
626.11 In reply to 626.10 
Wow that's great, I didn't think that it was going to work at all!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Miracles can be yet exist :)
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hello guys,

When I click on MOI3D Icon it does not open! It does not shot any message as well! What should I do? ( Could it be a virus or something?)

How can I save all the changes I made to it? ( all the plugins and scripts and shortcuts so, I don't have to do that again in case if I need to re-install MOI or reinstall Windows and then reinstall MOI)

If I go to : C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\Moi and save all the files there Could I be sure I have saved all the changes I made to it?

I am using Windows 7
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
626.14 In reply to 626.13 
Hi Psygorn,

re:
> When I click on MOI3D Icon it does not open! It does not shot any message
> as well! What should I do? ( Could it be a virus or something?)

Have you already tried rebooting your system? If not then try that first.

Also can you try pressing Win+R to bring up the Windows "Run" dialog and then put in:
c:\Program Files\MoI 4.0\MoI.exe
and push Enter? That way you can test if it's a problem with some shortcut you're using to launch it.

Also after you do that, open up Task Manager and see if MoI.exe is listed as running there or not.

> If I go to : C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\Moi and save all the files there Could
> I be sure I have saved all the changes I made to it?

Well it depends on what particular things you've modified. If you've done changes to files in the UI sub-folder in the install directory then you would want to back those up too.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
626.15 In reply to 626.14 
Hi Michael,

I had tried to reboot & tried to open MOI.exe (not the shortcut) it doesn't work! However, I have to say at this point I am seeing similar problem with other softwares as well which means MOI is not corrupted! there is something wrong with Windows ( maybe it is corrupted!)

>Also after you do that, open up Task Manager and see if MoI.exe is listed as running there or not.

I see MOI.exe for a short while and then it disappears from the task manager.

Maybe my system is infected! I don't know!

>Well it depends on what particular things you've modified. If you've done changes to files in the UI sub-folder in the install directory then you would want to back those up too

Where the short keys are stored?

So, if I save UI sub-folder in the install directory and Those I mentioned I would be good?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
626.16 In reply to 626.14 
> Have you already tried rebooting your system? If not then try that first.
Yes, I did

> Also can you try pressing Win+R to bring up the Windows "Run" dialog and then put in:
c:\Program Files\MoI 4.0\MoI.exe
and push Enter? That way you can test if it's a problem with some shortcut you're using to launch it.

I did that too! No, change in results.

> Also after you do that, open up Task Manager and see if MoI.exe is listed as running there or not.

I see MOI.exe for a while but then it disappears!

So, if I save UI sub folder in the install directory then I should be good?

(also I think I am experiencing some weird thing as well I swear I replied to your message already but I couldn't find my reply! I mean its as if it was not uploaded to the forum!

Edit: it took more than usual time!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
626.17 In reply to 626.15 
Hi Psygorn,

re:
> Where the short keys are stored?
>
> So, if I save UI sub-folder in the install directory and Those I mentioned I would be good?

Yes you should be.

> I see MOI.exe for a short while and then it disappears from the task manager.

Is there any crash report generated in your %TEMP% folder? That would be a file named moi_report1.zip , if you find a file like that if you can send that to me at moi@moi3d.com I may be able to get some information on what is going wrong.

But if other apps are also affected then yes something is wrong with your setup either software or hardware. If your machine is pretty old it would be good to do some checks on the hard disk and memory to start with. Also if your machine might be choked up with dust it's good to clean that out.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
626.18 In reply to 626.17 
Hi Michael,

I had MOI reinstalled and now it works fine!

> Is there any crash report generated in your %TEMP% folder?

So, I checked %TEMP% folder but it was after reinstalling MOI, & nothing was there!

> If your machine is pretty old it would be good to do some checks on the hard disk and memory to start with

My machine is old, but I believe its hardware is still fine & it is not affected by dust (that's what I believe!)

I believe windows might have corrupted! My problems started to show up after I tried to remove Fusion 360 from my machine!
Here I had talked about it: http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=9952.29

Anyway for now MOI is working :)

And soon I believe I will reinstall Windows.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
626.19 In reply to 626.18 
Hi Psygorn, well apps mysteriously getting corrupted is not a good sign. Hard drives don't last forever and if yours is pretty old it might be starting to fail.

You should probably do a disk check and it would not be a bad idea to just replace it now while you can still get stuff off of the old one.

Hard disk is generally the system component that is most likely to fail when your system gets pretty old.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-2  3-19