V3
All  1-2  3-6

Previous
Next
6240.3 In reply to 6240.2 
Hi Michael,

If I purchase the V2 now, and an update to V3 occurs in the next few months, will I need to pay
for an upgrade, or do you extend a certain period of time to new users for a free upgrade?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6240.4 In reply to 6240.3 
Hi 747skys,

> If I purchase the V2 now, and an update to V3 occurs in the next few months, will
> I need to pay for an upgrade, or do you extend a certain period of time to new users
> for a free upgrade?

I don't know for sure how that will work. There was not any "grace period" for v1 to v2, but also the software price went up from v1 to v2 as well.

I have not yet finalized plans for v3 for this stuff yet. I think there might be a grace period this time around since I think the price will not be going up. But I have not settled in on any specific details about it yet.

I guess since I don't have a final plan in place you should just assume that you would need to pay for an upgrade.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Michael what we have to expect from from v3 releas, I mean what are new features that you are going to implement?

-----------------------------------------
Portfolio: www.samardac.tumblr.com
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
6240.6 In reply to 6240.5 
Hi Andrei,

> Michael what we have to expect from from v3 releas, I mean what are new features
> that you are going to implement?

I'm still not quite sure yet what I will tackle next. After the next beta is out with the hidden line removal export, I'm going to take a look at everything that's been added to V3 so far and see whether it feels like it has a "critical mass" of new stuff yet or whether I still need more stuff before it feels like a significant upgrade.

If I'm going to squeeze something else in it will probably be something discussed on this previous thread here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=3628.1

V3 has been a long time in development because of the shift to produce a Mac version that happened right in the middle of it. I think it's generally getting to be about time to wrap it up and move on to the next version pretty soon.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-2  3-6