New User lots of questions
All  1-8  9-12

Previous
Next
624.9 In reply to 624.7 
A couple of last points

- Thanks to Pilou for introducing me to MOI via push pull bar

- Can things be grouped - or made into 'componants' like in sketchup - 'blocks' in AutoCad?
- How much will the program cost when it is first released? Any idea when the initial release is schedule for?

Thanks
Ypnos
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
624.10 In reply to 624.9 
Management of Blocks is not yet exist in the present Beta
Ask Michael for that :)
In another way Moi can import blocks from Rhino but at this date I suppose explode it :)
For the price maybe something like Rhino / 5
Ask Michael for that :)
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
624.11 In reply to 624.7 
Hi Ypnos,

> Is there any way I could request more video tutorials from the smart guys
> in the forum? Those are really helpfull for modelling noobies like me.

I'm sure that they will make more as time goes on. I'm also planning on doing several myself once the software is complete. That won't be too much longer.

> That is why I'm thinking about. Check out this website.....http://www.ocean-north.net/

Yup, that's the kind of form that can work well in MoI. That's the type of stuff where the quick tools that handle standard architecture quickly don't really help you.

> - Can things be grouped - or made into 'componants' like in sketchup - 'blocks' in AutoCad?

Not in version 1.0. That's definitely something that I want to add in a future version though.

> - How much will the program cost when it is first released?

It will be around US $200.

> Any idea when the initial release is schedule for?

Pretty soon! I wanted to have it finished by now already... But a few things have been taking longer than I had expected. But I'd say within a couple of months the 1.0 release should be ready.

The software itself is nearly ready, once I polish up some stuff and add a couple of more things the software for 1.0 will be complete and then I will switch gears to work on documentation for about a month or so before the whole thing is finished.

Then there will be a lot more stuff to add in future versions!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
624.12 In reply to 624.11 
Michael

Thanks for aswering my questions. Looks like you will have a hit on your hands! Great price point. I can definately afford that. It is always hard for grunts like me to convince principals at our office to purchase new software. I end up fronting the cost myself....producing work.....and then saying....by the way - it cost $X amount to do what I just did. Pay up! Sometimes it works - not always. I take on the risk so it's reassuring to now I won't be out taking food off my kids plates if I can't get reimbursed.

Thanks again.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-8  9-12