Solidworks

Next
Hello,

I am not so serious, but is anyone who has experience with Solidworks as product design tool, car, furniture etc. ?
At the moment I use Rhino an Moi and I am very satisfied.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6235.2 In reply to 6235.1 
I use SW for 10 years making parts for all kinds of processes (roto, injection, stamping, thermal forming, welded, etc.) and all kinds of shapes - boring geometrically simple, gears, and organic shapes & features.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hello,

If you use Rhino you might want to try out the VSR Shape Modeling plugin. The plugin costs about double of what Rhino costs but it really is a great set of surfacing and analysis tools and can be beneficial in cutting down the time to build parts with very good surface quality.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
I've been using Solidworks for product design for over 10 years as well, consumer/medical/professional products, and consider its greatest strength its parametrics and history. Clients requirements and product features constantly change during the course of a products development and you really don't want to be starting over every time something changes. You also want multiple linked parts (outer plastic enclosures for instance) to reshape as internal components change in dimension, position etc. Takes a bit of time to learn, as does any engineering level software package, but after you get used to it, other programs can feel a bit unconstrained.
However, if you're happy with what you're currently using, your clients can use those files, and you don't have to go through multiple iterations of the designs your producing, then why change?
My 2 cents.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All