MoI3D and OS X Mavericks
All  1  2-13

Previous
Next
6233.2 In reply to 6233.1 
Hi Herbert - It took me a while to get Mavericks working here, but it runs MoI3d 2.52 very well and it's quicker than the Lion was.

Martin Spencer-Ford
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6233.3 In reply to 6233.2 
Hi Martin, that's good to know that it's running fine for you on 10.9 ! I have not had a chance to install 10.9 over here yet myself.

So Herbert - I guess the news so far is that it's working. I have not yet heard from more than one person about it yet though.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6233.4 In reply to 6233.3 
Hi Michael - I've not had the chance to torture Mavericks with MoI yet, my hypoxic princess is going through a bad phase at the moment and sadly this has prevented me from doing any serious modelling for weeks, however Mavericks feels quicker, as if they have done some 32bit handling improvements in the 64bit OS, this could be down to the fact that I did a clean install rather than an upgrade so there is very little clutter at the moment ....

Beta3 is also performing well with simple quick and dirty models with blends and booleans. If she gives me a few hours break then maybe i can try a more complex project to stress test it a little

All the best

Martin
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6233.5 In reply to 6233.4 
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6233.6 In reply to 6233.5 
Yes bemfarmer, that is my princess tatty head, she was doing so well too, but has been recently diagnosed with postanoxic progressive dystonia and is struggling to concentrate on anything. I have been told to look into DBS, but that's another story, and it detracts from the thread. Thanks for reminding about that post, I stopped going there as too many folks were loosing their loved ones and I struggled to keep reading their stories.

All the best

Martin Spencer-Ford
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6233.7 In reply to 6233.1 
There has been on OSX Mavericks specific issue reported so far, which is that the MoI window disappears if you try to drag it on to a second monitor.

This appears to be this XQuartz bug here: https://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/ticket/796 and it looks like it will maybe get fixed in an OS update later, or maybe an OS update + new version of XQuartz.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi there, I do have a problem with OSX Mavericks. It says that the program (Moi3D) is comming from a unknown developer. So it wont let me open MOI3D
i downloadet the 3 betaversion first. That did't work. Then I downloaded the 2.52 version but i then got the same result - unknown developer
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6233.9 In reply to 6233.8 
SOLVED i just have to change the security settings so it would allow programs from all to be open :-)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6233.10 In reply to 6233.9 
Hi Hep - put those security settings back, they are there to protect you, in the future just right click and select open, you will be prompted with an "Are you sure ?" challenge but once selected as a yes, it becomes a trusted app

Hope that helps

Martin Spencer-Ford
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6233.11 In reply to 6233.8 
Hi hep,

> Hi there, I do have a problem with OSX Mavericks. It says that the program (Moi3D) is comming
> from a unknown developer. So it wont let me open MOI3D
> i downloadet the 3 betaversion first. That did't work. Then I downloaded the 2.52 version but i
> then got the same result - unknown developer

Yeah I think starting with OSX 10.7 I guess they implemented a mechanism called "Gatekeeper" which is kind of oriented towards only running things from the App store eventually I guess...

And they want people to purchase a special certificate and then "digitally sign" the application, which I haven't done yet.

Unless the default settings have changed from 10.8 you don't actually need to switch your system security settings, you can just right-click on the app and pick "Open" from the menu that pops up and that will automatically make an exception for that one particular app.

So if you run into this with future Moi versions, just right-click and pick "Open", you only need to do that one time for an app for that app to be allowed to run.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
OK, had a major bug with MoI and OSX Mavericks.

I was screen sharing with Skype to show a friend about MoI just now. Used my older 27" iMac as a screen to my Macbook Pro Retina.

First I used the latest "MoI v3 beta Aug-1-2013" and everything froze. My computer logged out and when I logged back in again, the beta was not possible to open again.

Then I used the "MoI v2.52" version. And my whole computer froze again, but I was still able to speak to my friend over Skype.
Forced to restart the computer.

UPDATE: Seems to be something with Skype. Tried opening it with same setup, but without Skype running screen share. Works fine. Could open the Beta again too.

EDITED: 28 Oct 2013 by FAKEPILOT

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
6233.13 In reply to 6233.12 
Hi Fake Pilot, typically that kind of "whole machine" freeze is related to something going wrong at a driver level. Hopefully Apple will fix what's probably a graphics driver problem there in an update.

If you do a google search for "skype mavericks freeze" it looks like many others have similar problems with Skype on Mavericks currently.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1  2-13