Channel Band Tutorial
 1-19  20-39  40-42

Previous
Next
623.40 In reply to 623.39 
Thanks very much again, Michael! Moreover, thanks very much to Jesse too!! the tut is quite usefull for me, since I also work in a jewelry mfg in China, and I am also in charge of designing and draw 3D models according to different request.

Michael, Actually I was trying to draw the steel cable(7*7) in V2 by using "SWEEP", just like what you said, firstly I drew a star-shaped lines, and I also found when I was doing the "SWEEP", there was an option of "twist", I tried that "twist" many times, but the curve I need seems couldn't be twisted around the center rail in some degrees, is there someplace I ignored to make sure the "twist" proceed successfully?

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
623.41 In reply to 623.40 
Hi Jason - the twist option for sweep controls which automatic method will be used for how the profile rotates as it travels along the rail path.

The Twist = "freeform" method makes the profile do a gradual rotation as the path does any banking in 3D - it tends to be good for curves that may be traveling around in numerous directions.

The Twist = "flat" method restricts the profiles to only rotate around one axis direction, this can be useful for certain kinds of constrained shapes where you do not want any "banking" in the profile as it travels along a path.

But in either case the twist option controls an automatic method for how to determine how the profile rotates around the curve tangent as it steps along the path, it does not take in any additional specified rotation factor for making a custom twist.

That might be something that I can add in a future version of Sweep, but for now to make stuff like that it's easiest to use a combination of Twist + Flow in v3 instead of sweep.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
623.42 In reply to 623.41 
Thanks for your detailed explanation again! Michael.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-19  20-39  40-42