print on paper

Next
Hello

Someone who can explain how to print a moi3d object on a normal printer (paper), if it's possible ??

br thomas
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi

I guess what i have always done is export to PDF and then print from there. In Version 3 beta that is. Haven't been in 2.5 for a while. So pick your view, pick objects to export, then export as pdf. Open PDF then hit print.

john
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6228.3 In reply to 6228.1 
Hi Thomas, the PDF export has been significantly reworked for the next upcoming v3 beta, so saving to a PDF and then doing a print of the PDF should work even better in the next v3 beta release. Currently you can do it, but it will only do a wireframe type display currently so that may be ok for curves but not very good for solids. The next v3 beta will have a hidden line removal mechanism in it for solids so that PDF export will work much better for solids.

Another way you can do it currently is to take a snapshot of the screen and paste that into an image processing program (Windows paintbrush will work) and then print from there. There is a script you can set up to generate a higher resolution viewport image and put it on the clipboard, check out here for info on that:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=1049.5

Also a lot of people export their model into a different CAD program and then do the print from the other program. Rhino or ViaCAD can work well for that.

At some point in the future MoI will likely have it's own direct print to paper function in it, but it just hasn't been a focus area for MoI quite yet. The focus so far has been more on modeling functions and on exporting data to other programs to do other tasks that MoI does not handle itself.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
A fast way to print that does an OK job is to use gadwin printscreen program , where you can select the whole screen or area to print and it will save as a picture file and or send it to print.
Its free from http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/
Even on my cheap laser printer the results aren't too bad

cheers
shayne
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6228.5 In reply to 6228.4 
Hey Shayno,
It can still be better to use the screen capture script inside of MoI, because you can set the resolution of the captured screen in the script.

script: /* render view to clipboard */ var v = moi.ui.getActiveViewport(); if ( v != null ) { moi.view.lineWidth = 4; v.renderToClipboard( 2560, 2560 ); moi.view.lineWidth = 1; }

The limitation will be at the card. But better than doing a screen grab of the monitor.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Thanks to all for your reply. I Will try it When I am back from travel..
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All