Selection pre-highlighting on v3

Next
Hi,

I noticed that on the Mac the latest v3 beta doesn't do selection pre-highlighting the way v2 does. Is there a way to turn it back on or is that just a beta thing that will be fixed in the future?

Thanks!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6222.2 In reply to 6222.1 
This is also the case when I am using a Wacom Tablet in the v3 beta. No pre selection of edges but on a mouse it is OK.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6222.3 In reply to 6222.2 
I didn't have a mouse to try, I was using it on a Microsoft Surface Pro with the stylus.

It's fantastic on a tablet, btw.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6222.4 In reply to 6222.1 
Hi Seb, are you also using a Wacom as well? Do also see it behave properly if you use a mouse instead?

> Is there a way to turn it back on or is that just a beta thing that will be fixed in the future?

It's nothing intentional, and nothing inside of MoI itself has really changed in this area from v2 to v3, maybe it's some kind of bug in the WineskinX11 mechanism.

But does other cursor tracking work ok for you? Like if you go to draw a line does moving the cursor around give you drawing feedback?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6222.5 In reply to 6222.3 
Hi Seb, do you have OSX installed on your Surface Pro as a "hackintosh" ?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6222.6 In reply to 6222.2 
I use OS X, MoI V3Beta and a Wacom Intuos 2 tablet with driver version 6.2.0w4 and when I hover over a line it lightens up.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6222.7 In reply to 6222.4 
Hi Michael,

Not a hackintosh. This is a stock Surface Pro running Windows 8.

I do have the Wacom FeelIT drivers installed to enable pressure sensitivity in a broader range of applications.

When I use the stylus, I do not get highlighting. When I use the mouse, I do.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
6222.8 In reply to 6222.7 
Hi Seb,

> Not a hackintosh. This is a stock Surface Pro running Windows 8.

Ok, but now I'm pretty confused because in your first message on this thread you said you were on a Mac - was that just a typo?

You wrote: "I noticed that on the Mac the latest v3 beta doesn't do selection pre-highlighting the way v2 does."

Does your problem have something to do with the Mac at all?

> I do have the Wacom FeelIT drivers installed to enable pressure sensitivity in a broader range of applications.

It's probably a bug in the drivers where the driver is improperly setting the flag that says that the input was generated from a finger touch point. Part of the new multitouch aware handling in v3 disables selection tracking if it detects that the event came from a finger touch source, to avoid multi-touch view manipulation gestures from also altering the selection.

My guess is that if you remove these custom drivers you'll probably get your selection behavior back with the stylus.

If you want to report the bug to Wacom, the technical info that you'd want to report is that the Wacom FeelIT driver is improperly setting the flag that its input is coming from a touch source - the MOUSEEVENTF_FROMTOUCH flag in GetMessageExtraInfo() should only be set if the pointer event was generated by a touch event and not if it was from a pen event.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All