Working with text option
All  1-12  13-14

Previous
Next
622.13 In reply to 622.11 
> The best way I can describe the effect I wanted is to dip your finger in
> water and draw the letter P on a shiny surface, ( I know, I would have
> to think of this now, wouldn't I?).

Hmmm, so I guess you mean a type of liquidy or bubble type shape?

It might be easier to understand if you had a closer example picture or sketch! :)

If you want something really rounded and liquid like, it won't be easy to manipulate that "P" character from that font into that. That's because that P has a bunch of sharp corners in it.

Smooth/bubbly/liquidy, and sharp crisp corners are not easy to combine together. They're almost like matter and anti-matter... :)

So If you want to create something very smooth and bubbly, you're better off drawing some curves to make a custom "P" form rather than using the crisp sharp letters from a regular text font and trying to produce smooth bubbles from that.

Here is another example - here I drew a couple of curves to form a path of a "P", and used Construct / Sweep to create a kind of tube that sort of drags a profile along that path. Is that closer to what you had in mind?

Another thing you may be interested in is this technique that uses sweeping with 2 rails to make "blob" type forms: http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=415.2

- Michael
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
622.14 In reply to 622.13 
Got it! That's the type of thing I was after. However I was sort of hoping I'd be able to take a flat letter from a regular font and round it out. But never mind, I'm getting close to what I want to see. Now its just a matter of playing with it. Thanks for all your help Michael. You can be sure I'll be a regular visitor here now.

Jesse, thanks for the link, I'll be looking at that soon.

Just a short note to Pilou:- my "P" is never too short because I stand close and lift the seat as a gentleman should ;o)

Regards
Peter
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-12  13-14