Doubled curves stacked together

Next
Hello,
Drawing curves in 2D sometimes get 2 or more identical curves stack together.
Is there a way that Moi find and deletes thoses identical curves?
Its a tedious process when manual clicking a lot on every curve to find if there is more the 1 curve.
Browse the forum and didin`t find a similar question.
Thanks
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6183.2 In reply to 6183.1 
Hi Carlos, MoI does not have any built in mechanism to remove duplicate curves, but Rhino does so you could use Rhino in a situation like this to help out. You would want to bring your 3DM file into Rhino, then run the "SelDup" command in Rhino, that will select duplicate objects which you can then delete.

How is it that you're getting the duplicates in the first place, is it from some accidental copy and pastes or something other than that?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6183.3 In reply to 6183.2 
Hi Michael,
I Moi i draw outline shapes and bend lines to send to cutting and bendig machine. I need to send just 1 line otherwise the machine will make that cut or bending many time as the number of curves present. This often ruin the material to be cut and is a waist of machine time. So i have to look for doubled or more line to prevent this. In Illustrator there is a script that does this but doesnt work properly. Take a look at this example: draw 2 squares side by side sharing just 1 side. The shared line is made of 2 curves stacked together. When exporting to AI it keeps the 2 curves stacked. Even if i join, split or whatever i still need to click on every curves to confirm if there is just 1 curve left.
Sorry my english : ) Thanks

Edit: Buying 1 Rhino license is not an option at this point.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6183.4 In reply to 6183.3 
Hi Carlos,

> Edit: Buying 1 Rhino license is not an option at this point.

I guess in the meantime then use the Rhino trial version until you run out of saves... That's probably your best solution at the moment, there just isn't anything set up currently in MoI that will do what you want.

> Take a look at this example: draw 2 squares side by side sharing just 1 side. The
> shared line is made of 2 curves stacked together

Are all your duplicated cases only involving lines, or do you have other kinds of duplicated curves as well?

Are all the curves you need to find duplicates for actually _exact_ duplicates of one another with completely identical control points in them? Or are they just "very similar" curves that might have different control point structures and only overlap to some tolerance level?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi Michael,
Most of them are exactly copy with the same end points, so find them, deleting and leaving just one, it will be a huge help.
The other curves have diferent end points but they are same exact location or sometimes quite close, less the 1mm from each other.
Ive run out of Rhino`s trial saves :-)
Thanks for your replys.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6183.6 In reply to 6183.5 
Hi Carlos, if you have several example files you could send to me at moi@moi3d.com, that would help me to see if I can cook something up in MoI to help with that.

It's a lot easier to find things that are exact duplicates of one another rather than ones with different end points and only close by each other, especially if there are a lot of curves to process scanning everything against everything to determine that "nearby" condition can be very time consuming.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
6183.7 In reply to 6183.6 
Hi Michael,
Ok, i'll send some files soon i get to the office, tomorrow, its late night here, i'm at home.
Concerning exact duplicates: i understand and believe it could be a huge help.
Thanks for your interest.
Carlos
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All