How to put lines exactly onto a surface?
All  1-12  13-20

Previous
Next
6171.13 In reply to 6171.12 
Michael thanks !

Working perfectly now. I will use this feature a lot in my work so really handy to know I can do this. Up to this point of been projecting the curve, then rebuild, then delete points to match the same amount of points in my other loft curves. Quite tedious stuff.

I don't suppose there is a script that could toggle all these features off and on as I need ?

It must have not worked before because I had the ini file open on screen while closing Moi and reopening although I did save the ini file.

>When you say "on the xy axis" do you mean snaps on the x and y axis lines, or are you talking about on the xy plane?
xy plane
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6171.14 In reply to 6171.13 
Hi Kevin, I'm glad it's working ok for you now!

> I don't suppose there is a script that could toggle all these features off and on as I need ?

It is possible to do a script for the checkbox setting, but the other 2 settings are not currently exposed to scripts so they can only be adjusted for now in moi.ini and not by a script.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6171.15 In reply to 6171.14 
Ok, thanks

I think I will able to do most of drawing curves on surfaces & tweaking them in the perspective viewport and keep on eye on who it looks in the ortho view.

But if that proves tricky at least I now have this workaround.
~Kevin~
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6171.16 In reply to 6171.10 
> [Drawing Aids]
> DisableOnSrfInOrtho=y
> Switch that to =n and then you should get the snap behavior that you want.

That would be nice to be able to toggle this behaviour with a shortcut. Can I temporarily change program options during runtime? By 'temporarily' I mean, options are changed, but not saved.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6171.17 In reply to 6171.16 
Hi Ditto,

> Can I temporarily change program options during runtime?
> By 'temporarily' I mean, options are changed, but not saved.

Your current settings are saved by MoI into moi.ini at exit time, so basically no there isn't any way to change a setting that's stored in moi.ini and not have it saved when you close the program.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6171.18 In reply to 6171.17 
Hi Ditto,

> Can I temporarily change program options during runtime?
> By 'temporarily' I mean, options are changed, but not saved.

One thing you can do though if you want to be able to easily revert back to some saved group of settings is to make a backup copy of your moi.ini file, then when you exit MoI copy the backup copy of it over onto the main moi.ini file again. That will then restore all settings.

You can find out where your moi.ini file is located by going to Options > General and push the "Edit .ini file" button, the dialog that pops up will tell you where the file is located.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6171.19 In reply to 6171.18 
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the replies. So if I can't temporarily change options, can I change them from within a running MoI instance? In this example, there is this DisableOnSrfInOrtho option in the ini-file. Can I modify this from within MoI this without editing the ini-file? Using a shortcut, for example.

Thanks!
Ditto
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
6171.20 In reply to 6171.19 
Hi Ditto,

> So if I can't temporarily change options, can I change them from within a running MoI instance?

With most settings you can do that by running a script. But these particular settings are not currently exposed to script, they're only read from the .ini file and there isn't any access to them from script so there is not currently any way of changing these particular settings from within a running MoI instance.

> In this example, there is this DisableOnSrfInOrtho option in the ini-file. Can I modify this from within
> MoI this without editing the ini-file? Using a shortcut, for example.

Sorry, no not this particular setting, it has not been set up to be accessible to scripts.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-12  13-20