Wiki

Next
I am still just testing MoI and I really don't want to sound rude. But the wiki in general is in a surprising condition and not really as helpful as it could/should be.

- Some links are broken: Italian forum
- Some linked pages are reported as attack pages: << Hijacked URL removed>>
- Uploaded files important for linked tutorials have been deleted: http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=1514.1
- The Blender import script was written for Blender 2.44 which came out in '07.
- Links to important scripts like "Construction Lines" or "Lighting Options" are missing or hidden.

Wouldn't it be great to clean all that up and then e.g. start a thread where things that should be part of the wiki are collected? (And whenever sth. is added to the wiki it is deleted from that thread??)

EDITED: 3 Feb 2021 by MICHAEL GIBSON

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6164.2 In reply to 6164.1 
Hi Strube, thanks for the feedback. It's just sort of the nature of things that information and links decay... I've tuned up some of those things now:

> - Some links are broken: Italian forum

I guess that forum was discontinued, I've removed the link.

> - Some linked pages are reported as attack pages: <<Hijacked URL removed>>

I guess his web server was infected a while ago and hasn't ever been cleaned up, I've removed those links as well.

> - Uploaded files important for linked tutorials have been deleted:
> http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=1514.1

It's a bit harder to do anything about this one, maybe if someone has a copy of that video file I can post it on my own server so it won't disappear.

> - The Blender import script was written for Blender 2.44 which came out in '07.

I've removed the blender import script section.

> - Links to important scripts like "Construction Lines" or "Lighting Options" are missing or hidden.

The Construction Lines script is listed on Petr's MoI page so I'm not sure why that would be a problem... Similarly the lighting options stuff is on Mike Maynard's page and there is a link to Mike's page in the wiki.

Someday I'd like to make a totally centralized script repository that has everything contained in it, but that's a ways off. For now having these things on Petr's or Mike's pages with links to those pages in the Wiki gets the job done.

Thanks,
- Michael

EDITED: 3 Feb 2021 by MICHAEL GIBSON

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
6164.3 In reply to 6164.2 
> Someday I'd like to make a totally centralized script repository that has everything contained in it.

Sounds great. Some .ini files containing the most "popular" script snippets or nice customized ui would also be great.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All