porting to vcarve pro 7
All  1-2  3-5

Previous
Next
6157.3 In reply to 6157.1 
Hi Marv,

> 1/ How do you handle this? (I currently have to use turbocad as a file converter)

When you export the AI file out from MoI there is an "AI export options" that pops up, make sure that "Fit to page" is not checked on that dialog and that should let you bring across data with unit sizes preserved instead of having the output fit to fill a printed page size.

Also you'll need to make sure your unit system in MoI is set to one of mm, cm, or inches, and that you're not using a 3D perspective viewport as the projection view.

> 2/ Is this problem solved with V3 beta with the incorporation of .dxf format. (I read that some where)

The new DXF support in v3 is probably a bit better for this kind of transfer since it can contain things like exact arcs and circles, while AI format can only contain general bezier curves that use a bunch of points to make a circle within a tolerance value.

But you should be able to get a unit preserving transfer over using AI format with v2 using the above instructions.

> 3/ So is this the drill
> a./ Purchase MOI2d for $295
> b,/ download v3 beta. Free until released then purchase the upgrade approx $100
> (that gets the dxf format)

I think you should be able to get what you need with v2, but there are a quite a lot of improvements in v3 so you'd probably want to plan for this upgrade sequence here anyway.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6157.4 In reply to 6157.3 
Hello Michael,
I just purchased your MOI3d. Your continuing support is overwhelming and definitely contributed to my purchase decision.

I thank you,

Marv
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
6157.5 In reply to 6157.4 
Thanks very much Marv, I hope MoI will be useful for you!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-2  3-5