License for v3

Next
Hi.

I used the search, but couldn't find an answer. When I purchase a license for MoI v2 now will I still have to pay for the update to v3 or is that so close already that already some kind of grace period started?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6152.2 In reply to 6152.1 
Yes you will pay the update if you want the V 3 ( a low price) but before you can use the Beta v3 as owner of the V2 till the release in some months! :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6152.3 In reply to 6152.1 
Hi Strube, I'm still not entirely sure when v3 will be finished, right now you should plan on purchasing the discounted upgrade version to v3 if you purchase v2 right now.

I'm not sure yet if there will be a grace period for v2 to v3 and I don't know exactly when v3 will be shipping so if there will be a grace period I won't know when it starts in advance, it would be retroactive.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Thank you. Guess I will try to resist to buy it right now then. (I am just a hobbyist.)

Btw I think it would make sense to emphasize a little more that this really beautiful piece of software works great using wine on linux. Of course drivers are a problem in general. Then again I use MoI on a T61 I bought for 180 €. (Seems to work great.) Since there is no other piece of software offering on linux what MoI does, if you can't get the driver, simply get a notebook for modelling. IMO still absolutely worth it.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All