Click problem

Next
Since the Aug-1 v3 beta, I have an intermittent problem with click selection. The problem shows frequently, but without any detectable reason/logic, and my only solution so far is to save the file, close MoI and restart after.

In the attached screenshot, I clicked approximately where the red text is. As you can see, the lower right cylinder is selected.

It appears as I am the only one to have this issue. So I am not sure what to do about it. This is a real annoyance, but maybe there is something I could try and do about it?

Thanks,
Ditto

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6137.2 In reply to 6137.1 
Hi Ditto, check your video driver settings, you probably have anti-aliasing turned on for all applications at the video driver level. MoI uses some information for the video card for doing selection and if the video card modifies it by doing antialiasing on it, it will mess that up.

Either turn off antialiasing for all applications, or you can usually do settings for one application in which case set MoI.exe to have "application controlled" settings rather than having antialiasing forced on for it.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6137.3 In reply to 6137.2 
Thanks, Michael!

That seems to be the root of the problem. I can somehow, sometimes, work in the split view, but all else breaks.

I have tried to install Catalyst, the video card control program, but that makes my computer unusable. Everything gets sluggish and I can actually see the order of window elements as they develop on the screen. I uninstalled everything and installed only the drivers again. I will search a bit on the Internet to see if this is probably a setting I could make in the registry.

Thanks again for your analysis!

Ditto

Edit: I found a couple of AAA, AA, AF, AI, ST and TAA settings under my graphics card in the registry and set them all to -1. That looks as if it is working now. Phew!

EDITED: 27 Aug 2013 by DITTO

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6137.4 In reply to 6137.3 
That's great that you got it working now Ditto!

That is weird though that installing Catalyst caused such problems on your machine, that's not a great sign that the video driver is running well...

Also usually the default for these kinds of settings are to be off, did you have Catalyst installed and running ok at some previous time where the settings were able to be adjusted?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
6137.5 In reply to 6137.4 
I had some issues with an ati card and drivers. Some of the oem cards just dont work well with updated drivers staight from ati.... You have to stick with the oem drivers and their last update.

ALso, with ati, they had a special utility to "clean all old drivers off" before doing updates. It wasnt built into the driver installer, but it's been awhile and that may have changed. I had best success when wiping clean before doing updates....
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All