iphone mode
 1-20  21-28

Previous
Next
6134.21 In reply to 6134.19 
Hi Michael Gibson
The modified model. You can also use your own method to do, all I need is the result.

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6134.22 In reply to 6134.21 
Forgive me Lanren but we talk how to do just back curvy part of the phone
I think you should take a look in depth at examples Michael and Adamio previously highlighted you :

go directely to the middle of the post here: http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=3137.1

here shows different Rhino's method: http://cadjunkie.com/1515/the-dreaded-3-way-corner
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6134.23 In reply to 6134.21 
Hi Lanren, so here's what I was talking about - trim this surface here:

Click the "Isocurve" option in Trim and use this isocurve as the cutting line:

Then remove this part of the surface here:

Repeat that around all the other pieces:

Now you can select these edges and do a Blend:

I think though that you'll probably get better results using filleting instead, rather than a "patch by patch" method like you're currently trying to do. See the posts above for some descriptions of how to use filleting, you instead build a full shape instead of little separate surfaces, but with sharp corners, then use filleting to round out those corners.

If you want to only work in a patch by patch method like you're trying to do, you may have better success with that particular method if you use Rhino instead since Rhino's Network command has options for continuity in it which MoI's does not currently have. If you need to use those options then use Rhino for doing your model instead of MoI.

- Michael

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6134.24 In reply to 6134.23 
Here are my 2 cents/phnes, using g2 surfaces:

But really, you'll never get the exact 3g iphone because you'll need 4 surface g2 commands, and MoI only has 2. You'de have to go with something like this:

http://youtu.be/CfgT5bxM08M

So like in this video, we can make the corner Continuity blend the same, but not tell it to maintain the same continuity with the other edges, like this program is doing.

So lanrenzhizao, you will always find something to look different, like in Mauro's post, but thats the same as your model you are posting, that has G1 corners to start with. Some compromise is made somewhere, unless you have the tools to overcome the need.

Also, I'm not so sure that the iphone "has to be G2" thing is a reality anyway. Apple just called it a complex b-spline. I dont really think that Steve Jobs was running around saying "it has to be G2", "It has to be G2"... Probably more like, "It needs to look beautiful", and the design team shot for G2....
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6134.25 In reply to 6134.24 
Burr<< But really, you'll never get the exact 3g iphone because you'll need 4 surface g2 commands, and MoI only has 2. You'de have to go with something like this:

http://youtu.be/CfgT5bxM08M

...and don't forget to say that "ultra-advanced" tools have a cost:not less than 5000 $

Anyway,all these examples showed in this thread demonstrate,once again,we can do ALMOST everything with just 300 $ :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Here's another method for making the back of an iPhone:

First of all, draw one quarter of the top top profile with the freehand curve tool. Having it be a single curve instead of using fillets will create a surface that's easier to work with later on.

Then, draw an arc in a side view. This will create the chrome ring on the iPhone.

Sweep the arc along the curve we created in the beginning.

Mirror the surface until you have the complete ring. Once that's done, join the surfaces together.

Now, use the new Nsided command to create the dome.

Adjust the dome bulge parameter to size, and you're done! For this example, I set the dome bulge to 0.25.

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6134.27 In reply to 6134.26 
Nice one DonPedro,

Michael, are you still looking at getting the other curvature options into n-sided?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
6134.28 In reply to 6134.27 
Hi Burr,

> Michael, are you still looking at getting the other curvature options into n-sided?

It's on my "todo" list but it's not what I'm actively working on at the moment...

It may be difficult to get that to be G2, I'm mainly hoping still for g1 for it but trying to improve the shaping so it doesn't tend to sort of stack up tighter changes near the boundaries so much.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-20  21-28